Settings to force scan to ignore a noncommercial album?

Every time I use Roon, the scan indicator is spinning at the top of the screen. The reason is that I have a friend’s personal album as part of my collection. He’s a part-time musician who has been playing since we were in high school but has never had an album released commercially. This is just a CD that he recorded in a studio for friends of some favorite acoustic songs.

Roon is going to scan forever trying to find metadata on this particular album. I tried to use intuition by going into the settings for the album and setting every flag I could find to favor the file settings over the Roon ones for metadata. But Roon still appears to want to identify this album. Did I missing a setting somewhere? Or is this something I’ll never be able to overcome with the current version of the software? I don’t want to waste time trying to solve an unfixable problem. But if a solution exists, forum searches, common sense and my eyesight have failed me.

As problems go, this one is really minor. But I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

Hi Darryl,

You can do the following:

1. Click on the album to get to the album details page (with the track listing).
  2. Select “Edit” from the three dot menu.
  3. Select “Identify Album”.
  4. Select “None of these look right” at the bottom right hand of the pop-up.
  5. Select “Use Basic File Information” in the next pop-up.

That should prevent Roon trying to re-identify, by remembering your decision.

If you don’t get “Use Basic File Information” then Roon is already using it, though it will retry automatic identification. If it bothers you that much, you can probably identify incorrectly and then revert to Basic File Information.