Several issues with Roon

@support

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012)
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
external HD via Thunderbolt

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hi Speed Internet & wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iTunes 12.8.2.3
Audirvana 3.5 is also installed
Chord Qutest USB DAC

Description Of Issue

Issue 1) In iTunes I have 1141 albums, in Roon 10 are missing (1131 albums).

Issue 2) In Audirvana my DAC indicates high Q input (768 kHz), in Roon the lowest (44.1 kHz).

Issue 3) At least one CD does not display all the tracks, but it does in iTunes. I don’t see others with the same problem but it’s hard to check more than 1000 albums.

Issue 4) Not playing any track after installing Audirvana seems to be solved by reinstalling the Roon software.

Issue 5) Roon does NOT silence other applications. I can even play Roon and iTunes at the same time. Audirvana kills all other sounds.

Hi @Hans_Van_Rafelghem,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for this endpoint as well as a screenshot of the Signal Path in Roon?

Can you share a screenshot of this album?

Do you have exclusive mode enabled on the endpoint you’re playing to?

Issue 1) only these songs (and they do play in iTunes)

I don’t know of other albums so far, hard to check > 1000 albums

Issue 2) is solved, found where to change that

Issue 3) I found the problem, Roon has split the album in several parts, must look up how to join this into one album again.

Issue 5) yes :

but apparently it has something to do with the zones? Weird things happen. I only want ONE zone, my Chord, how can I disable the “system output”?

Add images

Hi @Hans_Van_Rafelghem,

Issue 1

What kind of files are the ones showing in skipped? Are they a supported format?

For the other albums, if you notice any that are missing, please provide some of the details mentioned above and we can take a look into that album so we can better understand what you’re seeing.

Issue 3

You can use our Merge Albums function to resolve this.

Issue 5

You can go to Settings > Audio and click on the Gear icon for the System Output zone and choose Disable.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.