Sharing Roon playlists

Anyone know how i do this? Cant work it out for some reason. Just want to point a fellow Roon user to one of my playlists

Any ideas?

Sorry, no can do at this time…
But there are plenty of feature requests of similar scope. Please add your opinion to one of those, they are monitored by Roon team members.

Wow - didn’t expect this to be a feature request, its pretty basic stuff no? What do people do, email screen grabs?

wow - still trying to take this in

I think it’s because Roon uses mixed sources, i.e. Tidal, Qobuz, local files. If you were to make a playlist, how would the file pointers in said list work for your friends?

If you make a playlist on Tidal or Qobuz, you can indeed share the playlist.

If you try to export a playlist consisting of only local files you’ll get an Excel file instead of an m3u8, and chances are not good that the files themselves will export. Nobody knows why this is.

There are even cases where you can theoretically export a playlist from two different places on screen at the same time. That will confuse you 50% of the time.

It’s not exactly rocket science, is it? This is the same (similar) question regarding why the Daily Mixes are strictly streaming, when the majority of the selection is in the listeners local library.
Roon needs to figure out how to identify tracks between different sources, and equalize their priorities.

It’s not that hard, is it? What identifies a track?; The track title, the artist performing it, the recording date/situation and/or likely “what album was this on”?

This would allow sharing of playlists between Roonies with different streaming loyalties as well as us old geeks with pretty substantial libraries.

Edit: I moved this to Feature Requests, hope you don’t mind?

1 Like