Sharoon v0.3.0: Share albums and tracks via streaming services links

Good, thanks for the confirmation.

Next on my list is the feature request from @Sloop_John_B, adding support for album links.

2 Likes

Yes I concur, it’s working well. The issue of failing to pick up the currently paused track still remains if you have restarted Roon since it was paused, but I’m assuming this is a Roon api issue.

1 Like

Sharoon v0.2.0 is now available

This new release adds the support of album links.

The Share Type in Settings configures if a track link or an album link will be generated when the Sharoon link is clicked.

If the Share Type is set to Album but the playing album could not be found then a track link will be provided as a fall back. This can for example happen when you play a track from a compilation album that is not known by the streaming services.

Happy sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks Jan I am away for the next 10 Days or so but I will try and post some in the day I am back home in between.
Thanks for the hard work on this. Hopefully more people will jump on board, as it’s a cool quick way for people to add albums :+1:

1 Like

Have just installed the latest version and the album sharing is working a treat! I think I prefer to always share an album, so I’ll leave it setup like this for the time being.

Thanks for your hard work on this Jan.

1 Like

Hi Jan do we have to verify after each update with our unique link?

Mine wasn’t working this morning, and when I looked it was asking for my login again, which I remember caused a problem last time (and I can see that version is now 2.1)

I clicked on the link again and it started working. Asking as much for those who come later, in case there is a process to follow.

This shouldn’t be necessary. I haven’t seen this issue during the extension update myself, but during the latest Roon update I also had that the cloud configuration got dropped for some unknown reason. One change that I made in version 0.2.1 is the adding of extra logging, this might help in tracking the issue down. If you can provide me the logs from the Extension Manager then that can be a first step.

Another change was triggered by having a look at the logs made by the cloud functions. It often happened that when a match for a track had not been found that it got re-requested a couple of times, because of the lack of a clear feedback. Now if there is no match found this will be reported in the Sharoon status line.

1 Like

Happy to help with that Jan.
I I will try to grab them later

Hi Jan I have popped these into my Google Drive if you want to download from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ku7fNrpQwrmhROYmu4_lhuRvA7oabJO/view?usp=sharing

Any problem let me know.

No error information in the Sharoon log, I’m not on the right track yet :frowning:

While having a look at the Extension Manager log I saw that the stability isn’t great in your setup, there are regular connection issues. Is the Pi connected wired or wireless?

Hi Jan
The Pi is connected to Ethernet directly to the router and Roon is always available.
I have issues with SonosNet since I started partaking in the last beta and that has rolled over into the live.
I never have a problem with your Extension manager or any of my RAAT devices, only with Sonos as it has been trying to route the traffic and I have unplugged most of them from Ethernet to make this work better.
What kind of problems are you seeing and could they be me constantly restarting the Core and Roon due the the Sonos being dropped issues?

I indeed do see core lost / found reports. If the core is down for 30 seconds then the Extension Manager restarts itself. Not really an issue if you restart the core to get Sonos devices back to life (from the Extension Manager point of view), but at startup the Extension Repository is downloaded and sometimes that seems to fail, having the status line reporting “Loading Extension Repository…” for hours. If it then gets to the automatic update without the repository loaded then the manager crashes.

I will make it more robust against this scenario in the next update.

Jan
OK generally my network is rock solid, and the DietPi is the extension Manager and secondary DNS server and nothing else. Its running on Orbi Mesh network and I have multiple Synology and servers and work from home a few days a week with almost never a drop out.
I will have a look at the cables, but the DietPi is plugged directly into a Netgear switch plugged into the Orbi and I can happily leave music playing all day without a dropout or stream Netflix all night the same.
If you want me to change anything or test any versions then happy to try that.

Other possibility is DNS is using too much resources so I could remove DNS from the DietPi.

Hi Jan I noticed this after updating RooExtend today. Not sure if anyone else has reported anything to you

I have tried pasting the original key back in but it looks as if there is some kind of issue

Probably not related to the rooExtend update. First thing is that the error reporting will be improved in the next release, doesn’t make too much sense in its current state. Second, I had a look in the cloud logs and the issue seems to be a malformed request. Do you know what track was playing while you made the request? It could help if you can provide artist, album and track name as they are shown in Roon. Providing the extension logs, as you did before, might also be helpful.

Jan it was multiple tracks off Red (Taylor’s version).

I will try and grab the log files later.
I didn’t really think that RooExtend was the problem, it was just the last thing I updated before I noticed this.
I will also try and play something else and see how that goes.

Jan it looks like it is the album name encoding.
This is one of the tracks and I notice a single quote in the title

I have just put another album on and all is well.
I will get the logs next

I came to the same conclusion and will look into it.

Sorry Jan I ran out of time last night to collect logs last night.
You can find the log file at this link

Let me know if you want me to test anything.

Turns out that the single quote is not the issue. Your log file shows that there is no artist information provided by the Roon API for this specific album. At this moment I require an artist name otherwise the search request is denied. I performed a test myself by adding Red to my library (from Qobuz), but for me the artist is provided and the sharing link is generated.

How did you play the album, directly from a service, service added to library or from local library? Do you still get the same result if you try again? I’m wondering if the Roon metadata was incomplete shortly after the album release.