Net gear gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone 12 Pro Max /iPad Pro (m1) /MacBook Pro
Bang & Olufsen M3 & A6

Chromecast & Home mini

Library Size

100,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

When I’m playing a song on the iPhone or the iPad… if I use the Shazam (control center) extension to analyze and find the song playing from the Roon app it will cause the Roon app to freeze. The only way to get it working again is to force quit the app and restart.

Hi @Stephen_Chambers, thanks for checking in, and welcome to the Community! There are a few additional details about your setup that will help us analyze this issue.

What are the iOS versions you’re using for your iPhone and iPad?
Do you have the most recent versions of Roon available on the app store installed?

When the Roon app freezes, do Shazam and the rest of your apps continue operating normally?
If the whole device needs to be restarted to work again, it could be an issue with the two apps simply overloading the processor on your device. In that case, your best bet is to contact Apple customer support.

@Stephen_Chambers Out of curiosity, why do you use the Shazam app to tell you what’s playing in Roon? Couldn’t you just open the Roon app? I’m interested to hear what your use-case is.

I’m currently on 14.6 on the iPhone. I am running Roon 1.8. The only app that freezes is the roon app. The restart is only required for the roon app. I don’t think the Shazam and roon is overloading the iPad Pro (with the M1 processor) in particular when I have only too apps running to reproduce the bug.
Let me know if you need anything else

I use the Shazam app when listening online radio stations that don’t offer tags for the current song playing.