Short disruptions during Playback while streaming music from Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Merging NADAC+ Player

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

FritzBox 6890 (DSL only) & Melco N1A EX as Library

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nadac+ Player is connected via LAN to 100Mbit Port of the Melco N1A and the Melco is connected via GB Ethernet Port to the Fritz Box Modem

Description Of Issue

After the last SW Update (610) are short interruptions between 0,5 ans 1 Seconds during playing music from the Melco and sometimes also during stremaing from Qobuz.
It’s not possible for me to repeate the failure becuse after replaying the same file and title it’s working as usual! After a short call with Melco Support I got explained that this might be an issue with the last SW Update. Do you have any suggestions?
Many thanks
KR, Ernst

Hello @Ernst_Unger, and thanks for your report! Do you have this issue with local content or just Qobuz content? Also, do you see this issue when playing to system output of a remote?

Hi and many thanks for reply!
The failure only appears by streaming from local content (Melco) via LAN connection and never by streaming from Qobuz or Tidal.
Cheers, Ernst

Hello @Ernst_Unger,

Could you please add some tracks to a USB and attach that USB to the back of the NADAC? I’d like to see if we can reproduce the issue that way.

Dear Nuwriy,
as suggested, I attached a SSD Disk via USB directly to the NADAC+ Player and played the same titels which issues via the Melco and no failure appeard.It seems, that the disruptions only appears by a title with FLAC format & 352,8kHz/24bit.
Cheers
Ernst

Hi Nuwiry,
I did some test runs during the weekend and while playing titels from an album with 352,8kHz the same problem appears either streaming from the Melco or direct attached an external Disk via USB to the NADAC+ Player. All other Sample Rates are working as well!
Cheers
Ernst

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.