Should CPU Utilisation factor show up on HQPe signal path?

Hi,

Apologies for the dull / specific question here. I’m upsampling to DSD512 using a Sonictransporter i7 and I’m interested to know how far I’m pushing the processor as I try different NxFilter settings with HQ Player embedded’s Config.
Anyone know if the ‘1.4x’ (for example) CPU utilisation factor should show in the signal path when using HQPe (it’s not showing up in my case), or is it limited to the Roon playback option? Thanks.

I’m concluding that the only option is to open MySonicorbiter and look at CPU Load in System Status. Not as quick/convenient as the Roon CPU utilisation factor, but it serves the purpose I guess.

Won’t show here unfortunately.

Yep that’s correct.

Yep. To be honest, I only looked at CPU loading if there were any audible issues.

If CPU loading is an issue, you will definitely hear it (very audible stuttering / dropouts).

No harm in checking every now and then of course. I find it initially helpful for learning which filter/modulator combinations are more and less CPU intensive than others.

1 Like

Thanks Sean. I only read your thread today (dated April 2018) whereby you blazed a trail in getting HQPe on an STi7 to work reliably with most modulators. I had a few issues yesterday when v1.6 arrived, but all is stable now.
It’s a set-up which runs consistently well for ages, but if you depower or disturb a connection in your rig, it’s rarely a straight forward job getting Roon to see the NAA again! :thinking:

1 Like

Ha, boy was that some saga Dave.

Yes all you STi7 + Rendu NAA users (actually all Rendu NAA users using DSD512) have me to thank… :grin:

Just kidding of course - it was Jussi that fixed it all. But I found the issue, so I’ll claim some tiny amount of credit :grin:

Yep in this case, you just need to go to the HQP Config page and select the NAA and hit apply. For this reason, it’s worth bookmarking that Config page, for quick access.

The STi7 is a really nice machine for Roon + HQPe.

1 Like

Sometimes under ‘Current’ on the Config Page, I see two options is the drop down menu, ‘Current (…)’ and ‘Default (…)’. Most of the time I just have the ‘Current (…)’ choice, however. Any ideas why this is?

If it’s what I think it is, you only see these two separate options only after a powerdown like you mentioned?

That’s normal to have to select the NAA again.

But like you mentioned before, if STi7 and NAA stay on, you never have to do this. You can just hit play in Roon, and it will play.

I don’t know why this is, but the same happens for me. But that’s why I suggested bookmarking that Config page specifically, for quick and easy access to select the NAA again.

It seems like something is wrong initially, but you’ll get used to it.

Assuming we’re talking about the same thing of course.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re talking about the same thing. Thanks Sean :+1:t2:

1 Like