Should I add UltraRendu to my setup?

Just came out of a 3 hour listening session… i have no words to explain how serene the music sounds. Felt overwhelming thanks to everyone starting from all the musicians to companies like PS Audio/Revel/etc making all these precision audio gears to reproduce life like music.

Thanks everyone… you guys helped me get the fullest out of my setup by being persistent on what you believed in. That conviction helped me make some choices to alter my setup and I have gained more than I could have asked for due to this.

Good night :slight_smile: Hope to pay forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just for clarity, if you get a chance, maybe you could post a revised version of your settings (as in posts #55 and #56). I may be trying something similar.

@Tom_K here is all that I did

1. NUC i7 does not connect to any of the audio gear directly
  2. Configured UlrtraRendu (UR) to be in RoonReady mode with DSD set to DoP.
  3. In UR configured DAC to be custom since UR is not directly connecting to DS but rather is connecting to Matrix
  4. In Roon configured UR to be an endpoint and left the defaults as it is
  5. Connected UR to Matrix via USB
  6. Matrix does not have any setup page to go do anything. Only thing to do was connect a HDMI from I2S output of Matrix to DS I2S input. Mtrix does not even have a firmware to update
  7. Turned off all DSP in roon and left everything to DS
  8. Turned OFF any analog processing in Anthem and enabled only ARC

I use Tidal/Qobuz to listen, hence roon is now streaming to UR…

Hope this helps

ARC DSP is still in digital domain, no?

If so, your DS’s analogue output is being digitised and your final analogue output is done by the Anthem’s DACs…

With ARC I don’t see how you can avoid Anthem’s DACs. In which case I would recommend feeding (at least trying) the Anthem a digital signal instead of double D-to-A…

No problem at all if you enjoy this. Just sharing info, in case you weren’t aware…

I asked earlier… How does ultraRendu to Matrix converter direct to Anthem + ARC sound? No good?

Update…
I swapped out my ultraRendu with an opticalRendu and I cant see a big difference (yet). Infact ultra seemed a bit clearer in my setup.

My signal path: Roon Rock -> OpticalRendu -> Matrix -> PS Audio -> …

In opticalRendu i have set native DSD as the format.
All 3 switches (Dop, IIS reverse, MCLK) on matrix is set to OFF.
Also I have set 5v for opticalModule and 7v for matrix and opticalRendu

Hello Speed Racer,

Is this something you experienced first hand? Or have you read it somewhere? I’ve just purchased a DirectStream. It came with the Bridge II but I’m not going to use it as I’ll be going from ultraRendu to ultraDigital to DAC via I2S.

First hand experience…

Thanks for the quick response. So all I need to do is unscrew the bridge from the back of the DAC and leave an empty space?

Yes. I sent an email to the support guys at PS Audio and they sent me a cover. I would put some tape over it.