Should I be able to find album artist in search?

I added a unique album artist name for one of my library CDs (for the purposes of testing):

In my album view I can see the saved album artist:

I then tried a search and no results are returned:

I started down this rabbit hole because search doesn’t find track names or performed by artists listed in my various artists compilations (in my local library).

Surely I must be doing something dumb? This seems a very simple search request.

I just did the same test and the only way I could find the “vaalbumartist” was to use the filter from the “Albums” section in “My Library”

Thank you for your message. I can confirm that I am also able to find the album using the filter option. However this approach does not work to find the performer on a track of a Various Artists album.

Even though this does work - it a bit lame. I assumed the benefit of search is that I can blend the search results from Tidal, Quboz and my local library. Maybe I have missed the point or my use-case is unusual?

Why are you adding a unique artist name. You are testing but what is your goal?

As I mentioned, I am trying to find track names and “performed by” names in my various artist compilation albums. Here is a further (real) example on this compilation album:

If I drill into the track listing you can see a track “Rio” by Michael Nesmith:

I then search for “Rio” and select the “see all results” option. I then selected the show tracks/more and filtered by the artist. Only one result is returned and its not the compilation album shown above:

In fact the track list presented without the artist filter has dozens of less valuable track results like this one (presumably matched “riot”):

It still didn’t show the result for my compilation album (or another compilation that has the same track).

Thanks
Shaun

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.