Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Lumin U1 Mini- USB
Hegel H390- Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Less than a 1,000 albums and approximately 8,000 tracks

Description of Issue

See screenshot below- that is if it’s there.
I believe my issues can only be resolved by uninstalling roon and starting over. I originally ran the core on a 2011 iMac, then migrated the files to a 2019 iMac. Everything worked fine until I started using a nucleus. The backup uploaded to the nucleus came from the 2011 iMac and I used the 2019 iMac as a remote. I couldn’t backup files to an attached external disk (Samsung 870 EVO) because the 2019 wouldn’t communicate via network with the nucleus so went through the migration process between the two computers again. I mistakenly thought the 2019 iMac would automatically upgrade roon to 2.0. but it didn’t. So, now what do I do?

Your Roon core is your Nucleus already running Roon 2.0. Update your Mac from Roon 1.8 Legacy to Roon 2.0.

It is on 1.8 legacy so it is effectively telling the world it does not want to be updated. You were right, you need to remove it completely and go with a fresh install.

Thanks Henry, that’s my thought. (My only concern now is how to save my music files when I have never backed them up. A three year oversight which is not that foreboding but inconvenient nevertheless.) Would you mind walking me through the process? I know I’ll need to return the Nucleus to it’s factory settings and then delete Roon from my computer before reinstalling but not sure of the proper steps to take and in what order. Again, thank you for your help.

Thanks for your reply Jim. I can’t update the (2019) Mac because the nucleus is running off of backups from the 2011 mac and it’s OS is no longer supported by Roon. Before I upgraded (2019 mac) to 2.0 it would have been possible, it’s not now. I think Henry is right, I need to start over.

Henry certainly glad you left me to my own devices concerning the reinstall. It was very easy and I retained my music. I did lose all my tags but no matter. Thanks again.

1 Like

Apologies that I couldn’t really assist further, but as you discovered it is pretty straight forward. Happy listening!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.