Show us your RPis!

I have none RPis. Actually I have 3, but it feels like I have none because I need two more.

These are all my RPis.

Phew! I just scored a RPi Zero W 2 from adafruit. Man, you have to watch twitter, set up RSS feed alerts, and move like lightning when they’re available. OOS already. Now to set up my RooDial!

It will be a cold day in hell before I watch twitter.

1 Like

So how in heck do you source RPis these days? Or are you just sitting amongst a vast pile of RPis, Scrooge McDuck style?

I’ve only needed and bought three. Just went on Amazon and there are always some available. Just checked, they are there now.

Ok, at $100, which I admit is way down from the 150-175 they’ve been at recently… they’ve been exclusively sold by profiteers for some time now.

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (8gb)

I suppose I should say that yes I could afford to pay $100. But on principle I can’t bring myself to pay $55 to a middle-man for an established $45 community-driven product.

Don’t know why I’m seeing this for what seems like the same SKU….
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (8gb) $215

Price dropped after your first post, then went way up

Hi guys,

While I am frustrated by the prices of RPi’s too, can we please go back to the goal of the topic starter: showing the RPi’s with Roon we have?

Cheers,
Joost

1 Like

Running a Pi4B 8g running Ropieee with the 7” touchscreen all enclosed in a touchscreen case. This feeds my Topping E50 as my home office head-fi station.
3 Likes

Years ago, Hans B introduced me to Allo products (DigiOne and USBridge) which turned cheap single-board computers with HATs into quality sound sources for my Meridian DSP speakers. USBridge featured their Sparky SBC instead of an RPi (but still running DietPi), which I continue to enjoy through a Singxer SU-6 DDC.

As time went on, I found that an RPi with digital input HAT could be used to import SPDIF signals (via Roon’s Extension Manager) into my HAF convolution engine room correction filters so that all digital sources, not just Roon network endpoints, could benefit. All of which means that I also have a 4b/8gb with input HAT running DietPi to handle various extensions (in addition to the 3bs).

I’ve prepared 3b RPi boards for neighbors using Volumio and PiCore Player, and still have three of them installed in Allo DigiOne, DigiOne Signature and USBridge/DigiOne Signature transports.

-Don’t blame me for today’s shortages.

2 Likes

I have 4 Pis running at home:

• 2x 4B ru* nning LibreELEC for KODI, plugged into TVs and doing 4K HDR video like champs
  • 1x 2B with a 7" touchscreen, plugged into a TOPPING D50s for the main system, running Ropieee
  • 1x 3B+ with an amp HAT, rotary encoder and deported IR remote, in a box with nice connectors, running DietPI

More on the last one:

7 Likes

20221209_172207-ANIMATION

RPi 4B running raspios-buster-lite with dancyPi-audio-reactive-led installed as a real-time LED-strip music-visualizer, illuminating a burnt-out 3.6kW Eimac 3-1000Z RF-transmitter tube from below.

RPi-display is used as Roon web-display with a customized layout via bare-minimum chromium/openbox/Xserver install.

All auto-starting on power-up, since I shutdown everything when not listening … fun little project.

5 Likes

That is an exception build and a very entertaining read. Well done and thanks for sharing it!

Mobile system…of sorts. Raspberry Pi zero 2 W running Ropieee. Dragonfly Cobalt with Jitterbug FMJ ( I know…overkill) and the KZ ZSX terminator.

Sound really nice, especially considering the total costs.

2 Likes

A nice little setup @Cees_Vreugdenhil

Does it run hot?

No, not at all. No problems :grinning:

New gadget, the NanoPi-R5C … kinda like the R4S, but adds fast Wi-Fi, an HDMI output, and built in eMMC storage … small footprint, nice heavy metal case, dual Gbps ethernet, 4GB memory … so far seems like a great platform for a DIY streamer

5 Likes

Sorry for being ignorant and I want to say I admire the creative work shown here. So my apologies for asking if there is some recommended ready to use Pi set with a decent USB board out there to order online?

1 Like