Showcase your 1.8 themes

Yep, that looks good. Did you darken it a bit, in comparison to the version you posted the other day?

Загрузка 5.jpg

1 Like

Beauty Blue

Green Imaginaerum

Chocolate Brick

4 Likes

I did darken the background a bit. These are pretty quick choices - if I was actually designing for a release I’d tweak it even more as lots of gray shades available. I just wish we could make the album titles smaller!

I thought you probably had. Every time I look at yours I’m tempted to lighten mine a bit more :slight_smile:

And I’m with you on the font size. I don’t mind the default font, but it really doesn’t need to be that large.

By the way, if you’re running Roon in windowed mode (rather than full screen) you might also want to take a look at this post:

2 Likes

I steered away from vibrant colours with my themes, but I think Chocolate Brick work really well.

1 Like

Rectangular artists pics

Bubble artists pics

Open folder like below, make a backup copy of the original file, then paste and overwrite.

LINK

*All changes on your own risk :wink:

4 Likes

@Damian_Kurgan
Thanks for this - but I’ve just tried it (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Surface Pro 7) - and it doesn’t work…
This device is a Remote - does it need to be installed on the Core device?

Also just tried and it’s not working for me either (Macbook Pro running the remote).

1 Like

just tried it on a macOS remote … unfortunately, it corrupts shapes elsewhere in the UI

but i love the effort !!!

Did you paste only this file ui_*** into folder?

send me please original file I will compare with win.

@Damian_Kurgan

Did you paste only this file ui_*** into folder?

Yes, just the one file from the ‘Rectangle’ zip, into -
C:\Users\my-username\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756\

I just copied the new file into the folder, over-writing the existing file (which I’ve made a copy of & saved elsewhere), restarted Roon (Remote) and re-selected ‘Unknown Theme’ (which then forces a restart).

Cleaned up the Home page even more by hiding the black boxes (still go black when hovered over):

4 Likes

I presume, couple hours and you keep only fonts and buttons :joy:
Like this sepia-ish, mostly genre box. :ok_hand:
Change it with that:
atom-separator-light

1 Like

This looks great.

1 Like

I did try setting all the colours to black, just to see if anything other than the images would appear. It made navigating quite difficult :wink:

4 Likes

Guys, love all the themes but what color needs to be changed for these 2 to match?

It’s a shame that most of the labels have no indication as to what they refer to, but to match the line and the indicator set the following to the same value:

atom-separator-light
atom-orange

And what happens to the theme, colors, etc., when Roon issues an update? Hate to see someone put in a lot of work and get it erased.