Showcase your 1.8 themes

Really loving this one, thanks for all your work here!
Being able to customize the interface is super cool. It makes Roon so much more enjoyable for me. Now if only we could access the mobile files to modify them.

1 Like

hello, for Windows 10 - is it possible to change the theme? I cannot find a place where to copy these files given in the first post.

It is possible, but I’m not sure where the files are on a PC. If you work your way through this thread I’m pretty sure it includes the information you need.

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756\Themes is the directory with XXX to be replaced by your user account.
However the AppData folder is hidden, you need to change some settings, see link below:
View hidden files and folders in Windows 10.

2 Likes

Many thanks @Charles_Peterson, @DaveN, @Damian_Kurgan and others.

I finally downloaded 1.8 a couple of days ago (hate the starkness of the 1.8 default colours), and have been playing around with colours inspired by this and the other themes threads. Simply changing to a colour theme that is much more subtle than the default has made a huge difference for me, and the ability to replace artists circles with rectangles has been a bonus.

The installation was quick and flawless for me (guess it’s easier for Roon to control a more standard installation - I run Roon Rock on an 8i5 Intel NUC). I’m enjoying Roon Radio as I write this post, and much happier in general with 1.8 on Win 10 devices than I thought I would be.

Roon do need to offer more, and more subtle themes ‘out of the box’ for all control devices (including iPad). Now that I have been enlightened about the process for customising themes, I can see that it would be a very easy thing for Roon developers to do and a huge win (in my opinion) which would go a long way to satisfying those users such as myself who just can’t get along with the current two default options.

Now to while away a few hours finding and uploading missing artist photos into those wonderful new rectangular boxes!

6 Likes

Hi all, just a quick heads up to let you know that I’ve posted a new version of the theme generator. I think it’s a major improvement, but let me know what you think.

3 Likes

Uhhhh… I don’t know, man. What was your beta testing process for the new version? Did you have all use cases adequately represented by users of this community? I’m afraid of updating and losing some key functionality.

3 Likes

I’ve enabled “run both versions at once in separate windows” mode so you’re good to go :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks. it worked well. And also replaced these circles with squares. It looks much neater!

Agreed. I know that a lot of music software uses round images, but I really don’t understand why. I find it distracting and clumsy.

4 Likes

I am verry happy to hear more and more comments like this. I have been asking for customisation or at least something less white or less black then the Roon themes for years but no one ever took it serious. As often, people first have to see it.

3 Likes

I’m going to be adding a new palette to the theme generator at some point this evening. If anyone can identify the album cover that inspired it I’ll be seriously impressed :smiley:

First thing that came to mind was “Power, Corruption & Lies”, but that was only from memory. On closer inspection, it does not seem the right one.
Anyway, a big thank you to you and the other contributors to the theme-threads. While fully acknoledging that design is in the eye of the beholder, I for one was very disappointed by the new look of roon. While still being useable, your work has made it “wachtable” for me again

2 Likes

Good guess, but it’s Time Out. I’ve just updated the theme generator to add it in.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Hi David, it’s possible to sharing the file of the layout atached. Thank you for you work.

Sorry I’m confused. Which is the last version of the theme generator?
Thank you

I’ve just updated it, to include the Time Out theme, and a group of monochrome ones.You’ll find the link you need in my next post, below.

I’ve just added a bunch of new themes to the theme generator and think that’s probably about it for now. 16 themes should be enough to be going on with :slight_smile:

You can grab the updated version here:

Full details on how to use it are in the first post in this topic.

7 Likes

“Don’t Think Twice” should replace the default light theme in the next update :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Borderless windows with custom title bar - Godot - YouTube

Would love to remove the Title Bar and have a custom one

Having more space like in the screen of spotify.