Showcase your 1.8 themes

on my mac, i just edited the ui_atlas@1x-1.png file directly – from the markup toolbar i dropped a square shape onto the page, sized it such that it contained the entire circle but no more, filled it with white, and then saved the file. worked perfectly.

here is the shape that maps to artist image:

enjoy!!

ui_atlas@2x-1

apple 2

3 Likes

Good to see that our various hacks are all still working after the update to build 763. Long may it continue :slight_smile:

That doesn’t look good, but I don’t think it has anything to do with changing the theme. If a reboot of the core and client doesn’t help I’d suggest posting in support.

it’s the update and then reinstalling the theme change… all my colored rectangles are transparent to lower layers…

Was it just the colors file that you updated, or did you make other changes too? I still can’t see how this could be related to the theme as the theme just specifies the colour of the various elements, it’s not involved in drawing or positioning them.

… but I get the same thing on the dark theme which I have not modified… I think I screwed up the bubbles/rectangles stuff…

Try putting the stock ui_atlas file back and see if that helps.

That would be good, if… I think I have to reinstall😟

For those in Windows PC, use the attached file to change the artist and composer from circle to square.

This is for Build 763 update. The file to change is ui_atlas@2x-1.png

***warning – the ui_atlas@1x-1.png file has changed in the build 763 update.

you must edit the new ui_atlas@1x-1.png file that comes in the update. if you simply copy in the edited file from the previous release you get this behavior and will have to reinstall the roon app – unfortunately, i found this out the hard way!

edit, how?

see this post:

1 Like

windows10 for me… but editing the 1x-1 file in windows paint 3d worked. thanks for the help.

Thank you for your fine work!
Fantastic job!

Hi @miss_my_zune,

How do you edit the 1x-1 files in Paint 3D (Windows 10)?

I’ve never used Paint 3D before, and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to place a square (from the 2D shapes selection. I’ve tried dragging across and every other action I can think of but nothing seems to work.

Select the solid square icon. Choose color white. Place mouse cursor on a corner of the area you want to cover, click and hold left mouse button and drag to diagonally opposite corner.

1 Like