Showing (off) your Bicycles

SWMBO would kill me if I had my bike in the house. Instead I built a summer house for it. :rofl:

4 Likes

Ha. This was spring rebuild for the Ridley and the other was new. The mtn bike does not come in the house. With the tile floor though it is an easy clean up.

It‘s a German Company called „NOHrD, you can get it in different kinds of Wood. The best thing is the Planetarium Gear, so it‘s very quiet. Because of this two reasons I’ m allowed to use ist in our livingroom

This company offers a lot of sports equipment suitable for the living room, may you know the waterrower?!
wr
However, it is in the basement

4 Likes

The saddle-Position for my wife…

5 Likes

This weekend in Wales at round 2 of the Nationals Luke on Sworks epic, Christina - Cannondale Scalpel . My Intense Carbine and Sniper It’s a bit of a family thing.

15 Likes

brompton

My little electric Warrior

15 Likes

No prob with this bike, but with slicks in the snow? :innocent:

1 Like

So Brompton has joined the e-bike revolution? I bought one of the manual variety probably 30 years ago. It did sterling service, and I’ve only just sold it for a good price.

Stromer ST3
This gets me to work every day, stressfree
Yes I’m lazy :grinning:

My wife now rides my ‘old’ ST2
Both are a joy to ride ( if you are allergic to pedalling)

8 Likes

an electric brompton was the perfect solution to a series of problems I had. I’ve had it a year now and it’s been one of the greatest purchases I’ve ever made! zero regrets

1 Like

IMG_0910

My non-electric Simplon Kagu Trekking Bike.

On the road in “Bergisches Land”, a low mountain range in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.

9 Likes

The song for this thread should be

8 Likes

There used to be a Swatch museum located at the basement level of a building in Harvard Square, Cambridge, (Mass, USA.) When it was closed in the 90s’, I bought the bicycle on display. If the weather is above 6 or 7 C, I will have a ride around 21k (13m).

Someone said to me the wheel cover looks tacky, but it never bothers me.

9 Likes

Nice bikes!

I’m a little surprised that I’m the first to post a Peloton. I ride this thing just about daily. I think these are more popular in the US than in Europe, though there are studios in London and Berlin which produce great content.

My road ride is still my trusty old custom-built Serotta.

It competes for time with these, and the motorcycles often win.

7 Likes

That’s a beautiful stationary bike in what looks like a lovely room.

Yeah, pandemic purchase for me as well. I still use it but killed the subscription and watch GCN+ while I am on it. Love the Serotta.

1 Like

I have a few bicyles:

The blue Cannondale is my wife’s rarely ridden aluminum road bike. The orange Trek Domaine is my carbon fiber road bike.

Next is my steel Waterford road bike upgraded to electronic shifting. And then my titanium Lynsky gravel/road bike, also with electronic shifting and disc brakes.

Finally my aluminum Cannondale hybrid/touring bike.

I usually ride around 5,000+ miles per year, split fairly evenly between the Trek (for hilly rides), the Waterford (flat rides) and the Lynsky (moderately hilly rides and gravel rides).

13 Likes

Nice quiver. Is that a project one paint job on your Trek?

Dang.

You can always tell a serious cyclist by the quality of their rain bike. And most great rain bikes are demoted primary bikes in which the demotion involved a complicated spousal negotiation that went something like “This new bike I want to buy makes sense because I can convert my current bike into my rain bike…”

Come to think of it, most of my hobbies involve conversations like this :slight_smile:

4 Likes