Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

It’s a great colour combo, my Fender Precision bass was same colour scheme.
What parts were you thinking to replace?

I have been perusing of late Fender " Partscasters" on eBay and Reverb but resisting the urge so far :grin:

I would have to have a 3-saddle brass bridge. Probably the pickups, though not right off the bat. Maybe a 4-way switch and S-1 tone control. All those changes more or less is like a Ventura 50s Modified tele…or an older used Baja. If you really keep an eye on the used market an American made Highway One has all/most of that for a good price but you have to move quickly. I’m a bit scared of a 12-15 year old guitar I can’t see the fret wear on and hold in my had before buying. Lots out there that never get played much and sold cheap just to move them…others that are well loved and played a ton. The older they are the more mods potentially as well.

My problem is I want everything once I start looking. Then I want two things from this one, the color from another and still this or that from a 3rd.

I need to pull the trigger on a tele soon to stop my time wasting. Then move on to my PRS. Pretty sure I’ve settled on a Custom 24-08 in Green. Just a matter of SE or S2. @7NoteScale has me pretty much convinced the SE is more than adequate for my limited playing abilities. So I think that one won’t tie me up in knots so much.

B-day in November and Christmas on the horizon. Gotta plan ahead. Can’t let the Tele-trigger-pulling spill over into my master plan. Absolutely exhausting to live in my mind.

I am thrilled so far at my picking the guitar back up after all these years. I really look forward to it every day and my weekly lesson. Teacher is pretty like-minded and we hit it off well. If only I had stuck with it when life got “busy” so many years ago.

2 Likes

This is exactly my problem with my thoughts on a winter project. My post above highlights my Neurotic tendencies on a pinch of this and a dash of that. The Telecaster is the perfect platform (in my mind) like Legos. Soldering up the pots/capacitor on that old Kay really had the bug bite me.

I want to do the Partscaster thing 100% but I feel like if I don’t buy a full fledged Fender version first I never will. Sort of like having an integrated then “needing” to go with separate audio components…says the guy that plays his all-in-one Lyngdorf way more than his room full of equipment. I’m ready for the rubber room.

EDIT: Not like the guy with 50 Turn Tables will talk me off that ledge :metal: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

If you are then I’m full on in need of one of those funky white jackets with the very long sleeves too.

I probably have 16 guitars in my Reverb watchlist ranging from $250 to $8000…lol.

All of them hit the mark in one way or the other but fortunately not enough of everything in any of them to make me pull the trigger…yet.

1 Like

Childs Play. I could seriously buy 8 Telecasters TODAY if my wife was no here to keep me grounded…I mean that in a good way.

These are all telecasters with the exception of maybe 5 PRS. Its the ended ones that kill me. I find them, I know they are a “good deal” and sure as heck they are gone in a day or two.

I bet this is less than 6 weeks of “research”. $450 to about $4,500. So nothing crazy over the top.

Here is one I think YOU really need. If I had scratched my official Leo Fender itch already it would have been mine yesterday.

Free Shipping. You would almost be doing yourself a disservice if you did NOT buy it.

1 Like

Love that colour on a Tele. Not on a Strat mind…

1 Like

Blue/Maple is a great combo. Just a personal opinion, but guitars are a much cooler place to be emotionally invested than stereo componentry…and buy ”right” and the value does not decrease.

2 Likes

I’m really glad that I don’t have the money to splurge on this one but it is drop dead gorgeous IMHO.

PRS 2003 Hollowbody Custom Fire Red (Employee Guitar) PRS 2003 Hollowbody Custom Fire Red (Employee Guitar) | Reverb

2 Likes

Stunning. Not really my cup of tea but I can appreciate it all the same.

It is right down the road from me. You pay for it and I’ll pick it up and “store” it safely for you. So you don’t have to worry about problems with shipping. :grinning:

Pulled the trigger on a telecaster. Pretty fired up. Can’t wait to receive it. Stand by for details. Went American and metallic, and had most of my wish list :grinning:

4 Likes

Nice.

Looking at the ad, I’m amused (or perhaps confused) by this kind of claim: “This guitar has never been played”

:thinking:

I think depressed is the right word.
I know some people just have guitars because they like and want them but what a crime :grin:

3 Likes

Congrats!! Will be expecting pictures! I have a bog-standard American Tele from 2000 or so - black with white pickguard and maple neck. Nice guitar.

1 Like

@AceRimmer needs one of these to combine two obsessions

3 Likes

Now that is funky I will admit :grin:

2 Likes

I would go K-Tel just because it’s a hoot. Seller makes them out of any LP label. Old Columbia might be more fitting depending on the vibe you are after. Swan Song label for rocking out perhaps

2 Likes

Norman’s Rare Guitars recently had a 1960 Olympic white Strat that was all but unplayed. As with the car hobby, there is a big market for unplayed/undriven collectibles. That does not appeal to many, but it can be a great investment strategy.

I know a guy with five almost undriven classic cars he had bought for retirement. He is now selling them for enough to fund his retirement. He pulled out of the stock market in 2008. He stated that he enjoys the pride of ownership. By contrast Joe Bonamassa loves well used guitars and amps for their history. I think there is a stereo dealer that has unopened boxes of classic stereo gear. If it makes you happy, causes no harm to others, and/or if you enjoy “saving it for the next owner,” that’s alright too.

2 Likes

Literally just pulled it out of the box. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That’s a great Tele. Hope you thoroughly enjoy.

1 Like

Gorgeous! Enjoy!

1 Like