Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

I bought the Zakk Wylde stack with straight and angled cabs. Fed Ex crushed the straight cab, and no more were available. So I have the head and the angled cab. Zakk ultimately changed his rig so I doubt his Marshall stack has retained a value. Have never checked. The other Marshall stack is their anniversary edition. I stopped buying years ago, but would consider a PRS Private Stock of my own design, but I have several guitars (not shown) that I would want to sell first since they are boxed and set aside (Marilyn Monroe and Harley Davidson Strats as well as the “F” Strat" (Hippocaster).

I have a favorite guitar (solely because of how it was purchased. (My wife walked into my office perhaps 15 years ago and asked me if I could have any PRS guitar what would it be. I rattled off some specs and for my birthday that guitar arrived. She had precise memory of what I had said).

1 Like

Absolutely awesome collection!
Very impressive indeed!

I have a couple I would like to show starting with my newest. Cedar top, rosewood back and sides. Great tone with rich overtones.

4 Likes

Think you have taken the electric guitar to another level, wonder how many is enough……I gues it is like headphones, cant have to many…

Until you run out of wall space…lol.

1 Like

One more than you have… :wink:

2 Likes

I stopped buying guitars in ~1997 or so. Have another six other places in the home. Went onto other interests including cars. Would not mind a pair of Playstation 5 headphones. We are mainly worker bees. Neither of us can sit more than 30 min.

Fun topic!

I hope those big collections/wall-hung guitars get played from time to time.

Mine is nothing fancy. The Yamaha is daughter’s learning guitar.

6 Likes

It is a fun topic. I like learning about things more than using things. I have often said that my needs for Roon are very simple. It is not a hobby for me. It is an application that works well for me finding something to which to listen…and then I am off onto other things.

2 Likes

It just sounds like a good wood guitar, the thing i struggle with is, once the strings have settled, it never goes out of tune. Lol
There are a lot of videos on the Emerald site. The guitar builder section is a lot of fun…

1 Like

Interesting that it has a wood tone.

I will be posting a picture or two of my new guitar tomorrow.
For a few years I have been looking for a model like the one I had in my youth, sort of on and off but only semi seriously searching.
Perused our Craigslist today and there it was, same colour, year and model as my old one…had to be fate!

Picking it up tomorrow morning.

It’s only money…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Martin 000-18GE

Martin 000-15S

Martin D-18VS

Martin D Mahogany 09

Sorensen Sprite

Stratogator

8 Likes

My Gibson Tal Farlow, ES175 and L5CES....
6 Likes

I really need to take better pictures but this will have to do for now.
My newly acquired ( today) Aria TA-60 semi acoustic, which is a copy of a Gibson 335 I believe although a lot less dollars.
I had one of these in about 1988 and when I saw it listed on our local Craigslist yesterday, well it was meant to be…

5 Likes

And not a guitar at all but this is as good a place as any, it uses tubes, my guitar amp uses tubes so good enough!
Wife bought it for me and I just think its funky!

8 Likes

Here’s my first guitar bought at a pawn shop many many years ago. It’s buried in my “Room of Many Curiosities”. Still gets played and fun to dabble with since it’s a modelling guitar that has 28 or so built-in tone signatures.

5 Likes

This is my current main squeeze, one of Warwick’s Limited Bolt on Thumbs from last year. Wonderful mahogany top and fingerboard, mahogany back and ovangkol neck. Actual bass is pictured - taken by Warwick and included on a little USB card they include in the case candy.

8 Likes

Gorgeous figuring on that one!

Was looking at 6 string Bass in Guitar center yesterday, just incredible how wide the neck is, no idea how you get your hand around it!

9 Likes

My second ever bass was a 5er, and I’ve never gone back to 4 ever again. Eyeing up getting a 7 made at some point. Technique and practice is all it needs - I know a lady who is tiny but runs absolute rings around a 6 string electric and a full sized upright.

Knowledge of the fretboard helps too - understanding how to move both vertically and horizontally.

1 Like