Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

Nice! Sell one of somebody else’s and get one for you. Well played.

Speaking of wall space. I just bought two hangers and a double stand. My Home Theater slash Music Room is starting to take a back seat to a semi-permanent Pro Tools work environment and putting the guitars on the theater seats is starting to feel like a bad idea. I posted a while back about the Line 6 Pod Go. It could not be working out better for running it through my “good” speakers. I’ve got it set up as follows:
Guitar>>Pod Go>>Audio Interface>>DAW

With the Audio Interface headphone out to my systems preamp in via 1/4 inch to dual RCA. I’ve not used an actual guitar amp in a couple of months. I’m doing remote lessons so the Interface feeds my teacher. No more getting the Amp’s output through the room and into my microphone. Audio Interface has Microphone in as well. Pretty slick.

1 Like

@Glimmer I like the Fender vs Gibson divide in the picture. Everyone on their own side. Any Gibson experience with a Firebird? They keep catching my eye, never had one and starting to find myself looking at those on Reverb over Teles and JMs.

6 Likes

Beauty! Joe B version?

How do you like it, what are your thoughts on playing it? I recently got a Jazzmaster and absolutely love it. So now I’m thinking I need a Gibson “offset” to keep it company. Especially interested on thoughts vs a Telecaster. Thanks!

I had a Gibson Firebird Studio with mini humbuckers that I really enjoyed playing, but I wanted something a little more “special”. I had previously bought one of the Bonamassa Les Pauls and was impressed by the quality to cost ratio, so when the Firebirds came out I couldn’t resist. The quality is way above the Les Paul and it is very easy to forget that you are not holding a “real” Gibson; in fact looking on Reverb these often go for Gibson prices and I’m not surprised.

They can feel a little neck heavy, but you quickly get used to it; but they do make a Tele seem compact in comparison. All in all they are great guitars, but not quite as versatile as a Tele.

I also have a Gibson Explorer and that is another great guitar, but not for the faint hearted!

I’m saving my pennies for a 1976 Antique Natural…channeling my inner Edge

Good to know about the Epi, I’ve been looking at that same model (J.B.) and figured they were pretty well respected given the pricing compared to Gibson.

Thanks for the info. I thought I wanted a Pelham Blue “Bird” but made an offer on a really nice Vintage Burst. The seller countered and it is right at my tolerance threshold. No case only gig bag which I am torn on. Firebird cases are big, cumbersome and expensive…but not really need as it won’t leave the house, but still nice to have.

7 Likes

Oh, you are killing me :heart_eyes: What year?

Getting a bit organized. Amazon showed up with wall hangers and a Hercules double stand.

Happy with the results over putting them in HT seats.

5 Likes

Interesting read…

3 Likes

He has a point – for Blues, I love my LP’s neck pickup into my Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini combo – but then again, Hendrix had a point too and changed guitar as we know it; and I know who’s higher up my list of all-time greats…

Hello Gibson (my first ever)

9 Likes

Nice choice, @RPlace!

1 Like

Woah!
Super sweet axe!

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Initial impression, positive. I’m surprised for what looks like a big guitar how light it is. Hangs/sits a bit to the left good for playing high up the neck. Now I really think I need an Explorer.

1 Like

Oh you really do have it bad…lol.
Might be worse than myself although I’m sure Mrs.Rimmer will disagree :rofl:

1 Like

So in Rugby’s weekly meet @ipeverywhere suggested I needed to make a wall of guitars to fix my storage problem.
Thats already the problem, I’m running out of walls!

8 Likes

Where can I get that 3d wallpaper? :laughing:

1 Like

A little sad to read this.

3 Likes