Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

Sounds like another “show us your…thread”

I love a good watch. Recently sold the vast majority of my vinyl collection (kept the really good stuff) but can’t imagine not having a nice watch…or 3. What ya got? Omega, Breitling? Please no Rolex :wink:

1 Like

Owning stuff is great. Owing nothing is wonderful.

4 Likes

Shame shame.
Besides music, wearing a different watch every week is one of the few reasons I still work so hard :grin:

(It’s been almost 2 year’s since I bought a new watch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

I probaby haven’t worn a watch in 40 years.

1 Like

I expect to be dead in 40 years Jim so will probably never get to make that statement :coffin::watch::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I received a watch after 25 years service with my last company. It has sat in a box for the last 13 years. My wife bought me a watch when we first started dating 39 years ago. It still works and if we have any special events I still wear it. Nowadays I can kind of sniff out what time it is, fairly accurately, without a watch.

That is only partially correct @Jim_F

You have a prized little friend, Lucy.

Thanks. I started to list her as my single prized posession.

“Time to eat.”

4 Likes

Working from Foyles (bookshop) café in London today. Just round the corner from Denmark St.

3 Likes

Just got a Fletcher Brock Octave Mandolin to keep my little Sorensen company.

5 Likes

Wow!
They are stunning instruments.
Very impressive.

2 Likes

This could get very interesting…

I hope it is not too off topic to ask guitar amp thoughts in a guitar thread.

I’m kicking around the idea of a small amp and in searching I really like the Orange Micro Dark hybrid tube pre solid state amp. Maybe a matching 20w 8" cabinet. Just something small for my home office when I want to make my new acoustic/electric guitar rock a bit.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MicroDark--orange-micro-dark-20-watt-hybrid-head

Thoughts? Anything else I should be looking at in that price range?

1 Like

I’m pretty partial to Orange gear having a 60w Crush myself.

This stack should get the job done with ease.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MicroDarkStk--orange-micro-dark-stack-20-watt-head-and-1x8-inch-cabinet

1 Like

That is exactly what I was thinking…BUT I want the orange cabinet. I remember seeing a Who DVD a bazillion years ago and (I think) an Orange amp + orange in color and it has always stuck with me as so much more “fun” than boring black. They don’t make that combo with the orange amp.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Orange108CB--orange-ppc108-20-watt-1x8-inch-cabinet#

The do make a combo with white Terror head, but I want the dark for shape control and effects imput

1 Like

I kind of agree…if it’s Orange gear then it darn well actually better be orange :tangerine:.

1 Like

Exactly. They say the “dark” is a perfect match for the black cabinet. I think otherwise. Black/Orange, even if just in my room that nobody sees is what I think I “need”.

I never should have bought that new Guitar. Obsession starting to set in. I took a lesson for the first time in over 30 years. The real problem is since I last cared about guitars the Internet came to be and along with it Reverb.com, a black hole of a time suck…not to mention potentially money. Must resist.

For sure N + 1 syndrome

3 Likes

I never posted this pic from my last trip to London. This was in Hanks. Glad it’s not my thing :joy: .

5 Likes

Little weekend project. A friend of mine that flips houses found this in a teardown around 2015. I’ve just had it sitting in my basement. Thought about hanging it in my home theater as just a trinket.

After receiving my Orange micro dark terror amp head I plugged it in as is. And much to my surprise that had a cool tone. Wish I had thought to take before pictures. It actually looked hairy by the bridge underneath the strings.

All the electronics are contained on that one plate and make a little cover for the cavity. Pretty simple design. Best I can tell it’s a Kay Value Leader k1961. 1961 being the model not the year. They came in single double and triple pickup configurations (K1961, K1962, K1963 original naming convention). Maybe between 1960 and 1962 is my best guess at the year.

I’ve been wanting a single pickup Esquire. This is far from it but single pickup nonetheless. Maybe it’ll scratch that itch for the time being. Going to see if I can find a luthier in my area and get her set up. I already know it’s not worth anything but I want to bring it back from the edge of Oblivion just because.

5 Likes