Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

This is when Fahrenheit and celsius nearly meet -38f = -38.9c

-10c is a warm 14f

2 Likes

Have a friend in Montreal and he said it was -35 last weekend. He showed me his frozen beard to prove it. Don’t know how Canadians survive it. +35 in summer -35 winter.

“They” think you are all a bunch of cowboys now, don’t let the hat leak into the feedback forum…

Good evening…at least here it is…

I’ve been lurking around here for a while and on occasion drooling at all the nice toys in this thread. :drooling_face:

Time to “show off” my humble, but very satisfying set-up:

Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC/Preamp (Sadly :frowning_face: no Roon integration here)
Cambridge Audio Azur 851W Power Amp
RPi with HiFiBerry Digi+ running Ropieee feeding the 851N through digital input, the RPi is nicely hidden behind the preamp. And a nice display on the 7 inch touchscreen :slight_smile:

Focal Chorus 826V speakers which I’ve had for about 9 years now, usually my speakers survive multiple rounds of upgrades/changes. But I think with time I’ll sell them on and look at something else…eventually. For now I’m very, very happy.

Pics!

I should have straightened that cushion… :smiley:

And when I feel like it, which isn’t often:

20 Likes

hi Anders,

stick to the chord family eliminating all 3rd party amps etc with for eg tt2/mscaler. only then do you get the untarnished full transparency. analogue amp output is integrated with dac output as one and is handled exquisitely by chord you need not be worried in this regard.

Another Rooner in the Peg. Staying inside with a little prog.

1 Like

A while back i scratched my The Residents itch with a top hat, horse mask and silver phantoms.

Let’s go weird…

13 Likes

Yes, I was thinking all-Chord.
But then the THX amp is sooo good…

For unfamiliar with The Residents “eyeball” :

1 Like

I was thinking more along these lines

1 Like

latest toy (just arrived):

:slight_smile:

(a couple of Tesla E88CC gold grid, military selection among special Czech Post Offices run, Prague plant, 1963 coming soon :wink: )

5 Likes

You can keep your hat on…

Greetings from another former citizen of the 'Peg, economically exiled to southern Alberta!

1 Like

Bought a new rack for my audio setup.

17 Likes

Nice rack, what brand is it?

It is a Norstone Spider.

Is that a dedicated floorstanding headphone stand and if so, where did you get it?

10 Likes

Baby, how blue can you get … :wink:

It is a HeadsUp Premium Floor Stand.
I bought it at my local audio dealer : Van Duppen Audio (www.van-duppen.nl).
You can also buy it online at amazon for about 70 euro.

1 Like