Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I run Roon headless on a ST I7 > microRendu with Sonore linear power supply > Rossini DAC and clock > Boulder 2010 preamp > Boulder 2060 amp > Wilson Alexias

1 Like

I’ve had nothing but trouble with my iFi DACS. I’ve had to send back an iDSD and an iDAC2 for warranty work on the USB board and internal battery. How about you? The iFi USB clean power units seem to be working. From now on I’m a Schiit, as far as DACs go, even though they don’t offer DSD support.

p.s. - I see you popped for the superduper iFI rack. Looks great with the equipment.

0 Issues here. I am sorry you are having bad luck with them. I actually buy stuff from second hand so maybe that has something to do with it but till now it has been rock solid.

I Like my Schiit Stack as well. It has move now to a new chill station that I built.
Only complain that I have is that it lacks just a tad of the low frequency’s :smiley:

Stacks of DACs and God know what, here is my stack and my complete electronic setup. And guess what? It sounds very good :slight_smile:

Yeye. I know, I’m a n00b audiophile :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Hey, it’s all in the music… enjoy…

Simplicity is your best friend. Complexity calls on the laws of Murphy.
I like.

I use a DragonFly Red in my office. Sounds great with my JBL LSR305s!

1 Like

Took my Roon laptop along today for an extended listen. What may soon replace my ATC’s:

5 Likes

Those look phat (and expensive) :slight_smile:

What are those? Love the parquetry.

They’re work-in-progress DIY open baffle speakers built by a friend who’s been building speakers for over 20 years. Two 18" woofers, 8" midrange with tweeter and a super tweeter. That’s the crossover network lying on the floor.

8 Likes

Stunning! Love the open baffle sound. And with two 18 inches no lack of bass i am sure.
The problem with building your own speakers is that it is addictive and the house is only soo big. Of course for the friends this can be an upside…

Listened for around 5 hours today. Heard new things in tracks I know very well and have heard many, many times on many highly regarded systems in well treated listening environments. Gobs of detail, fastest speakers I’ve ever heard, great imaging, deep articulate bass, effortless and wonderfully musical.

11 Likes

Interesting horns. Not seen those before.

Details?

Thats a fancy looking case you have for the Pi 3 next to the Schiit devices.

Could you tell me more? What model, maybe a link?

1 Like

@Music-Friend Thanks!
Here is the link:

BIQU Aluminum Raspberry Pi 3 Case Enclosure Box (Gray)

Those are Odeon Horns. That’s a German brand.

1 Like

WD My Cloud to HP Laptop to JDS O2 DAC/AMP pushing Sennheiser HD 600’s, sometimes the cheapo Lepai Amp pushing Paul Carmody’s Speedsters or Overnight Sensations & Voxel sub (all DIY), sometimes I run Roon through the Raspberry Pi, IQaudIO DAC+ into headphones. This is all relatively low budget stuff for a messy desktop application.

2 Likes

Mac mini with roon core (in the office) -> Raspberry Pi 3 with IQaudio DAC -> Abacus Ampino -> DIY speakers

26 Likes