Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Do they fire front and back ?

The speaker has an opposing bass driver that is connected to the main bass driver in phase.
The front firing driver hands off to the mid driver at 880hz while the rear facing bass driver rolls off at 100hz.

1 Like

Hi Derek, Yes the W-B ACT are terrific speakers, wonderful, transparency and imaging. I use Kimber bi-focal XL speaker cables which, to my ears, are fine. There was a very +ve review, although quite old (2001) of them here:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwi50_eppKHlAhXHEVAKHdtEBhoQFjACegQIBBAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstereotimes.com%2Fcables082101.shtml&usg=AOvVaw1-ep3JwfYKIe0OZiF1Y4jd

Wow, that looks like a great listening room!

1 Like

Thank you David, Very useful to know and very much apricated your response. Your cables are a bit more exotic than my Nordost blue heavens. Yes, very transparent and holographically invisible speakers; at times I really do not know where the speakers are in the room and the sound stage can be right in front of you. Just wonderful. Just seen we live in the same county!
Kind regards, Derek

Our setup from network point of view

That’s the First SimAudio Moon system that’s I see or am I wrong?
I upgraded to the 390D / 330a combination a dam truly happy.

Hi. Can you please share how you have connected the DDRC 24 into the system. Does it correct analogue signals as well.a?

Hi @Suresh_Kamath, the DDRC 24 only works in the analog domain.

I removed the jumpers and connected the the miniDSP DDRC 24 inputs via RCA to the amp’s PRE OUT, and the miniDSP DDRC 24 outputs via RCA to the amp’s MAIN IN connectors.

Edit: It also works in the digital domain with Toslink and USB inputs.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.
I was considering between this and the SHD as the SHD has XLRbalanced inputs and outputs.

I could not get the Pro-Ject DAC to work reliably. Had to return it to Amazon. It would keep stopping mid-song. None of my other endpoints would do that. I assume yours is working well?

1 Like

Yes. 10 months connected to PC and another 3 connected to stream without any problem

I wondered the same.

I posted my SimAudio Moon powered system a while ago:

SimAudio

Hint: it’s the last two pictures

Same here :+1:

Yeah, multiple systems. Living Room, Den, Media/Sun Room, Kitchen, Front Porch, Back Porch, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, and 2 offices. Using a vast array of different tech of varying costs and specs.

1 Like

it’s taken a while to get this system right.

it really shouldn’t work, the amp is a very low power tube integrated.

and the speakers quite inefficient.

source inexpensive

but i’m pretty happy with where i’ve ended up.

19 Likes

Very nice combination.

Is ROON connected via USB to the QUAD?
Does ROON volume control work towards the QUAD over USB?

Does the QUAD switch on and off by ROON?

Regards

1 Like

That’s a lovely, focused and very purposeful system. I see you are using a Flirc chassi for the Pi. I got mine a week ago and my Pi4 have never been so cool and well behaved. Love it!

2 Likes

yes, i’m surprised at how good it sounds. using RopieeeXL.

i have another running into a Schiit Jotunheim, and it likewise sounds very good.

1 Like