Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I seem to recall, from the dim and distant past, a picture with the Aikman curtains open, probably in “Hi-Fi News & Record Review.” However, a close friend stacked three pairs but they did dominate his more modest room :slight_smile:

There are 2 of us after all.

Greetings from Fourways

Why they are such small speakers., easy to “hide”

Butwhat a sound , did you try harpsichord?

People give strange looks when I try to warm my hands :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Pop in when you are down south again. I’m in Durbanville.

I even had the ESL63 on trolleys so I could wheel them flat against the wall when not in use. The wife just said NO, she shouted it in capitals. What the ESL 63 show is how good Harbeth are.

Yes, plenty of harpsichord music, Kenneth Gilbert, the Leonhardt box set, many others.

Rock - MicroRendu - Modi3 - Classé Audio - Threshold 400a
and dual Rel subs.
(5 roon zones in the house)

18 Likes

Nice system, and a great dog in the photo :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Only 5 zones? Must be a small house. :rofl:

How many dogs? :dog::dog2:

Just one dog. His name is Owen.
I actually kind of have 6 zones. Roon is awesome!

2 Likes

I have one zone. My recliner.

4 Likes

One would think that when in the reclined position the relationship between one’s ears and one’s carefully placed speakers (your speakers are carefully placed, are they not?) would be so badly out of alignment so that even high resolution audio files would sound no better than low bit rate MP3s. Shame on you :flushed:

I did not say I was in a reclined position. Shame on YOU.

1 Like

My bad. :blush: I apologize. Enjoy your listening via Roon.

1 Like

Thanks (10 characters).

How coincidental, we are currently looking at Retirement villages in Durbanville, we will be coming down to look in the next few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just hooked up the Nucleus to my system consisting of an Auralic Aries, Kef Reference 1s, VAC Renaissance Tube Amps, Parasound P6 Pre Amp, Analysis Plus Oval 9s, a Canton sub and wow! What a difference! The Nucleus works so so so much better then my iMac as a core (someone just directed me to this upload string after posting somewhere else, so if I’m uploading this twice, I apologize).

12 Likes

Impressive set-up.

Two questions:

1. what are the three boxes at the top of the rack?
  2. exactly what difference does the Nucleus make?

I love what you have done with the Streacom FC12!

I was thinking of doing this a while ago but it doesn’t seem to be available anymore :frowning:

How did you cut the hole in the front? Was it difficult? Wasn’t sure if the front panel was too thick to use a dremel on it!

Best Regards

Guy

I put tape on the front, marked out the hole and actually used a anglegrinder with a 1mm blade to cut it. Cant say that it was difficult the front is around 4mm thick.
From the begining I had one SOtM sMS-200ultra and one Paul Hynes SR 4 in it but they got replaced by a dCS Network bridge so today it is just stuff for the triggers (I use the powerbutton on the FC12 to power on my dac and amp).

1 Like