Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Can’t see your pics because they’re linked from a forum that needs a login, but always nice to see LVs on the rosta :thumbsup:

14 Likes

Looked good till I saw the TT :wink:

3 Likes

Nice, I can see them now.

Have you tried the speakers with the Tweeters on the inner edge? That’s how they are usually positioned.

Oh did I do it wrong?

Better try it this weekend. Thx

Not wrong, just slightly unusual.

Worth trying to see if you hear a difference. You may well prefer them as you have them now.

The TT - the turntable? What’s wrong with it? I used to have a Linn Sondek LP12 until I went all digital…

1 Like

It’s a J O K E.

Nothing really, just teasing. Have a LP12 and a Music Hall 7.1 in storage somewhere too.

Probably get one of these babies.

Harsh! LP12’s aren’t that bad!!

1 Like

Yea…Vinyl’s a religion I used to have as well…Too much fuss over too little music…Roon + Yggy = Nirvana has rendered TT’s a thing of the past…I listen to way more music now than I ever did with Vinyl…more variety as well instead of listening to whole albums…

LP12 a fine set-up Henry! But like Evan above, your’s is probably in storage too? :wink: . C’mon digital is way more fun thanks to Roon!

2 Likes

Very, very nice set up :clap:t2:

Core - Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) , 2 x 4TB HDD (5000-ish albums)

USB conditioning - Ifi IUSB -> Ifi Gemini Cables -> Ifi Purifier 3.0

DAC - Denafrips Pontus R2R

Amp - Line Magnetic LM518ia (845 based amp)

Speakers - GPA 604 8H II (Altec clone) in 620 based cabinets with external werner jagusch autoformer as crossover

Cabling - All Belden based.

4 Likes

Thanks. The inclusion of native Roon support for the Devialet makes the system complete

1 Like

how warm does the LM518 get?

Pretty warm. You wouldn’t want to use it in an enclosed room with no airflow.

New addition

6 Likes

Still way better than streaming…:wink:

9 Likes

perception.