Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Geez you’re a brave man putting a plant on top of your gear. Are they 1/2 squash balls under the DAC? Great light in that room

1 Like

Thank you. They are ATC SCM25As - active monitors. The sub is an SVC Ultra 13.

Doug

2 Likes

Steve_C

Why brave?

They are sorbothane hemispheres. I had them kicking about - I don’t really think they do anything much tbh, but I leave them there anyway.

Doug

Do you water it? Water and electronics make me nervous.

I love ATC Actives. Recently heard a Prism Callia Pre/DAC into a pair of ATC19A and there was so much revealing detail and that was just through itunes on a macbook.

Oh! I see, I’m careful I guess!

Yes I love the ATC sound too - the midrange driver is very special. Above all they are just accurate, some find this cold and unforgiving but I want that. I can ‘tweak’ the sound any way I want with DSP, but if you don’t have an accurate baseline to work from doing this can get messy!

D

Hi Doug, how is the sub integrated?

My eyes are failing me again - what pre/processor/DAC is being used?

If you don’t mind me asking of course.

No problem.

It’s a Benchmark DAC2L and a MiniDSP running Dirac for the room DSP.

The sub has its own digital EQ which I use to tailor its response to be just ‘under’ the ATCs. Dirac then smooths everything else out.

D

1 Like

It uses the “squeezebox compatibility mode” setting in Roon. First time I had to use that function and is very reliable. In fact it’s been switched on and working with all three headphone stands now alongside my roonserver and has always been there when I wanted it… Amazing.

1 Like

Here I go with my setup at home, with two zones.

I’ve spent some time restoring the speakers in the main system, and built the bedroom system on the cheap, but still making sure it would integrate with my partner’s taste.

I run DSP with a parametric EQ correcting a few nodes created by my room/equipment combination on the main system.

Main living room system:

Bedroom system (amp + DAC under the bed, RPi behind the TV facing the bed):

3 Likes

Nice slide!

Do you have both pairs of floor standers (Castle Acoustics) plugged in?

Slide is just Powerpoint… Yes, I do marketing… :slight_smile:

One pair of floorstanders is for the music (Audiolab amps), the other as front channel for the home theatre (Yamaha receiver). I should modify the diagram to reflect that…Done.

1 Like

Massive WOW,

That slide is amazing, not too mention your set-up :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

jeez, looks like I need to dust…

1 Like

Recognize those APC H-15s. Have a couple myself in Silver. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Yep the one on the right is an H15 The one on the right is an S15 for the audio rig.
Really need them in my area as the power blinks and fades and spikes all the time.

Have an S15 in the office myself for the computer and network stuff. Great stuff.

1 Like

The latest iteration of our media systems in the home - now with added ROCK and RoPieee goodness…

2 Likes

Great overview! May i ask why you have two Internet providers?

I thought i had published mine on this thread but ill add it anyway:

I would guess that Geoff wants redundancy in case one or the other goes out.

I live in the wilds of the Dutch countryside, with a slow (3 Mbits/sec) ADSL connection to XS4ALL. FttH (Fiber to the Home) connections are only slowly being rolled out to areas outside of towns and cities in the Netherlands, so I’ve signed up for the KPN 4G service as a temporary measure to get faster download speeds. The Sophos UTM system ensures that I have one address space for my internal network, and also does failover in case one or the other external networks fail.