Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

great yggy!

1 Like

Great idea. I have everything I need to do the same. I’ll hook up a battery pack to the Pi and give it a go.

Yes.
Adding any premium cords, either USB for the HD DAC or power for the MPS add very little improvement for Nagra products. They truly have built some amazing internals to compensate. Normally, I would not recommend anyone to spend anything more than basic Audioquest cabling for Nagra,

1 Like

Whats the point of this comment, especially in this thread? Too expensive for whom? :roll_eyes:

Why some feel the need to try and save everyone from evil hifi products is baffling. The LAST place I would reference is ASR IMHO

3 Likes

Have I ever said the AQUA is ,evil HiFi‘ product?

Go ahead and buy whatever you like!

How does it sound without the choke?

I didn’t say you did. I was referring to the comment made in a thread were people are showing their setups, then the comment was made that basically said “oh that DAC is too expensive, all you really need is X” and because ASR said so.

That narrative has become all too common and is tiresome. Anyway, this isn’t the thread for that discussion.

4 Likes

I assume by “choke” you mean the power conditioner. The preamp and amp both are connected via a high-current bank, which has no inductance coil. So there is no “choke” and it sounds the same, except without the hum that is present on my A/C circuit. Thanks!

Time for some more pictures, here, no? No big updates, but I am quite happy with my setup now.

• Dynaudio Audience 52SE and Dynaudio Sub
  • Cambridge CXN60 (acting as pre-amp)
  • NAD C272 power amp
  • Aqua La Voce S3
  • Home Audio Fidelity convolution and room shaper
30 Likes

Looks super cozy :+1:

1 Like

Love that vintage radio! For sure Roon certified :grinning:

if you burn mesquite rather than oak does the imaging improve?

1 Like

Thanks it is a Leopold FC660C.

1 Like

Personally I use AudioQuest Poplar, it’s a low density fast burn which enhances transient dynamics. It’s aromatic properties also amplifies soundstage breadth.

5 Likes

Can you post more details on your setup. I really love how clean your setup is… I got Susvaras coming and like the stand you have.

You see my setup further up and you will see why I like your so much :stuck_out_tongue:

Updated system for my (slightly messy) office - quickly becoming my go-to listening rig;

• Lenovo i5 / Windows 10 laptop (unpictured) as core, connected by USB to
  • Marantz HD-DAC1 (which also serves Sennheiser HD700)
  • Meridian 502 pre-amp
  • Tannoy Gold 7 active monitors

These speakers are so good I’m considering moving my turntable in here. Think I may add a USB endpoint to separate the DAC from the PC as I get occasional glitches when I’m multi-tasking on the PC (Sonore / Pro-ject kind of thing),

6 Likes

Very nice room, and do I spot a little Con Todo El Mundo there? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mac Mini running Roon Core
Auralic Aries G1 wireless
Chord Qutest DAC
Rogue RP-1 tube preamp
Rogue ST-100 tube amplifier
Martin Logan Montis speakers
Rega RP2 table
Acoustic Zen Matrix Ref II interconnects
Purist Audio Aqueous 20th Anniversary speaker cables
Shunyata power cords with Shunyata Hydra 4 power conditioner

20 Likes

1. Intel NUC running ROCK
  2. NAD M10
  3. Sennheiser HDV 820 (connected by USB direct to my NUC)
  4. Klipsch RP-600M speakers
  5. Audeze LCD-2 headphones
  6. iPad Mini and Surface Book 2 as Roon controllers
15 Likes

universe control center…
nice

1 Like