Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Be careful removing that black mold material.

I like the setup, and lighting. I’ve been in search of some decent bright lighting for some time & still searching…

This was bought at a Christmas market and is a wax candle but with a light fitting in it. I thought it was a neat idea.

I have a really nice main light fitting to go up later today - just a metal pendant type fitting and a huge, relatively dim bulb. Hopefully will give the look I am after :slight_smile:
For the first time in years I consider the setup done. It’s took time and a fari amount of swapping bits and pieces out but I still enjoy listening to records so have been trying to balance the analogue and digital front ends.

My Setup is
Roon Nucleus, 2 TB Samsung SSD
2 Meridian 218 Zone Controller
2 Accuphase E 270
Speakers Piega 90.2 and Piega 311
Control Imac and or Ipad
its all very reliable and stable

23 Likes

Hi
Can I ask why 2 E270? They are integrated no?
Anyway I own a McIntosh MA 7200 and If one day I buy or build another system, it will be accuphase and Tannoy!

Clove oil kills mould. My wife has lung issues and we clean everything in the house (Floor, wall, ceiling) with vinegar and a little bit of clove oil. Don’t use bleach. Bleach just makes it look better. Clove oil actually kills it. It’s not cheap but you don’t need much. We’re still on our first 1 litre bottle we bought 8-10 years ago.

2 Likes

Brother, you win the Forum prize for Most Colorful Room. :sunglasses:

Me like.

3 Likes

Hi

Benjamin

The Reason why I use 2 Meridian Zone Controllers and 2 Accuphase E-270 is:

Piega Swiss Made Coax Speakers (Aluminium Body) are 4 Ohm and if one runs 2 Pairs it can’t be plugged into one Amplifier (would be possible with Speakers of 8 Ohm)

Therefore Meridians are on LAN and from there Analog into Accuphase.

set up (the 2 Meridians in Roon (Big Speaker 90.2 and Small Speaker 311 ) are connected together = Top Sound out of 4 Speakers.

Kind regards

Juergen

1 Like

Thanks make sense! Beautiful set up and decoration taste, love it
They go together like horse and carriage to me :slight_smile:

Hi Slim

Thanks for the Compliments, seems you like the Colours more than the Set up of the Equipment involved.
I had sleepless nights to arrange the Colours of the Acoustic Panels on the Computer
before I mounted the Silk into the Squares. Under the Silk Sound absorbing Material
On top painted (Lenco) Old Metal Turntable Plates.

Kind Regards
Juergen

BRIGHT - I LOVE IT!

Summary

This text will be hidden

Question for the masses, I need a new streamer for my main rig and I am torn between either getting a Nucleus and then connect that to a USB Dac (Resonessence Labs) or getting a SOtM sMS-200Ultra and then continuing to use my main PC rig as a server.
Thoughts?

Suggest you start a new thread instead. You will get 3 suggestions from every 2 audiophiles though! :wink:

6 Likes

And spawn endless arguments.

2 Likes

Very pleased with our Auralic Aries G2.

1 Like

Are you buying this because of it’s ability to sync to a master clock.

Master clocks are unnecessary in the lengths of runs encountered in a home audio system, per Paul McGowan.

Here you go :slight_smile:

19 Likes

The new set up is completed!

Genelec 8361A together with the superb Matrix Audio Element X . I wished you could hear this because it is completely insane. Soundstage, Dynamics, timing … wow …

30 Likes

I wasn’t planning on using it for it’s master clock. Just wanted a good streamer that would last a while (and looked good with all my NAIM gear)

Ill make a new thread later for discussion so I don’t hijack this one!

1 Like

Awesome. And nice to see a proper sized screen in this thread too :grin:

1 Like