Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

How do you connect the miniDSP to the Reactors?

Thank you - do you think it helps sound?

Sending a picture of Roon End Point System #2:
Roon Nucleus via ethernet attached to Point #1
ATT Universe Router via ethernet to Windows 10 PC
PC to Denon AVR6300 via HDMI (source Media Player)
B&W Nautilus 803S (bi-amped in a 7.2.2 system) via Audioquest Rocket 44 x2
B&W DB4S subwoofers via Pangea Premium interconnects
Furman Elite 20 Pfi power conditioner (provides extra 45 amps when needed)
Pangea power cords on all components, subwoofers, and into Furman conditioner
Samsung MU9000 75" Screen
Samsung 4K Bluray Player
Roku Ultimate video streamer via Audioquest HDMI and Ethernet cords

I listen to Roon in 2.2. Bought the 803’s in 2002, still sound great. The Denon is several years old with AKM AK4458 DAC chips, sounds amazing. This is a home theater and gets more use for movies. Center channel is a B&W HTM2 (original) with B&W LM1 surrounds, Polk in ceiling Atmos and Back channel speakers. It’s movie night, every night there’s not a listening session happening. Happy Rooning everyone! John

4 Likes

Very nice entertainment system setup. Being nosy, what does the seating arrangement look like?

My setup has similar components, 7.2.4 arrangement, but my B&W front towers and rears are the entry level 600 series. The wall mounted TV is up higher with 2 row seating, recliners front and side with sofa and love seat in the back.

We’ve hosted meals for our college kids and their friends and big game festivities. Have seating for 10 but usually ended up with at least 20. That was the good old days, can’t do it now.

1 Like

It’s just my wife and I so we have a single recliner loveseat. There is usually a dog or a cat between us to keep warm in the winter time. All the family live in distant parts. Your system sounds grand. I love surround sound for movies and some multichannel disc’s I have. I’m sure you enjoy yours at every opportunity. Thanks for your reply.

About the same here now with my wife and I. The kids are married and moved away. We put the 2 single recliners in the center position so the mean old cat can sit between us on the arm rest. We joked about running a B&B with the kids bringing their families often during football season and holidays. Their families got so large we had to stagger their visits so it seemed like all we did cook and clean. Just us now, with my mother living with us but she stays in her room most of the time and watches old westerns. We can’t let the kids and grand kids visit now with the pandemic and that is sad. It will be that way for a while. Sorry got off track. Enjoy the movies and music.

2 Likes

Look familiar? :slight_smile:

The legend himself, @jfx!

2 Likes

And now we can start with « why not me » « I deserve it » lol :joy:

1 Like

I hope you asked for permission, or are they Roon’s photo’s to do with what they will when posted here?

According to the community forum’s T&C, all User contributions are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. So it comes down to whether reposting on Roon Labs Facebook page is deemed to be a non-commercial reuse… Since I’m not a lawyer, I will beat a retreat…

My new end game showed up yesterday: Sonore opticalRendu Roon only edition, fed by a Sonore opticalModule. Sounds amazing. And a shot of the server closet that is getting full!

12 Likes

Of course we did! We’ll always reach out and ask before sharing anything here on social media. We’ve done this a few times before; like in this Facebook post, and a couple of articles on our blog.

4 Likes

Hi Hans,

Goed om je indrukwekkende installatie hier te zien. Ik weet uit ervaring dat deze geweldig klinkt!

1 Like

Here’s my “ROCK”:

Sheldon

12 Likes

Martin Logan SL3…

17 Likes

Fond memories of my Aerius i, sublime vocal.

1 Like

My one-stop headphone setup :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

What are we looking at here?

Matrix Audio element X as Roon Endpoint.

When set up properly along with a pair of subs, there’s not much they do wrong.

1 Like