Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen peepers!

Das machine control is nicht fur gerfinger-poken und
mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowen fuse, und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.
Der machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur
geverken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseenen
keepen das cotten picken hands in das pockets,
so relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.

10 Likes

From a safe distance!

1 Like

:joy: Made my day :rofl:

LOL :slight_smile: Das ist zehr gutt.

1 Like

This is the HiFi rack (Classé, Oppo, Mytek Brooklyn, and DirecTV) along with our media room and bar.
Obviously home theatre figures into the equation as well as music. Main speakers are Usher CP8571 DMD’s.
The Roon Core is a Lenovo “Tiny” with an i7, 16GB, and a 1 TB SSD. The projector is a JVC RS 6710.
We also have a Raspberry Pi with a HiFiBerry HAT hooked up to the living room system on the main floor.

Having Tidal HiFi and Roon makes it feel like my music library has been expanded to infinity. With thousands of MQA albums available what’s not to love?

12 Likes

Amazing stuff. Beautiful! Better yet
 no cats!

1 Like

Very nice! Like the solution to get to the cabling!
But, where’s the dog? :slight_smile:

Good catch! The water dish must have given it away. Louis and Daisy were probably out chipmunk hunting when I took the photos.
Here they are. Brittany’s, half brother and sister.

8 Likes

Great photos of your Hifi/media system and your dogs.:grinning:

This is my acoustically optimized listening studio (ClassĂ© Audio plus Backes & MĂŒller loudspeakers [BM Line 35]). The acoustics in this room are absolutely awesome. To hear what happens if excellent loudspeakers produce a very deep-reaching, but tight and super fast bass is an experience I wouldn’t want to miss. Nothing is bloated or distorted. The room modes are effectively kept under control with the help of custom-made absorbers hidden in the walls and ceiling.

This is my other Hifi Rack (Stax SR-009 & SRM 727 plus Auralic Vega).

84 Likes

Hallo Willi, sehr schön ! wie bekommst Du die Raummoden in den Griff ?

Gruß

Marco mit BM 12 :slight_smile:

Hi Hans-Willi,

sorry i thougt you are a German guy :slight_smile:

Yeah the BM are very good Speakers, the Bass range and the “bass Control” is superb.

I never heard the BM 35, it will be a great Speaker ! but not my Price Range :frowning:

My BM 12 are old but serviced all 5 Years, resolution and bass are fantastic.

there are more BM Fans here : www.aktives-hoeren.de

Marco

My humble listening room, subject to rearrangement soon! :slight_smile:

Sources:
Roon Core on QNAP TS-470 Pro in basement
SOtM sMS-200 + Audiobyte Black Dragon or
Bluesound Vault (2TB)

Michell Orbe SE/SME V/Lyra Delos (and several others)
Tom Evans The Groove 20th Anniversary RIAA

Amplification:
Karan KA L MkIII pre
Karan KA S270 Power

Speakers:
Yamaha NS-1000M

Cabling:
Nordost, Jorma, Tellurium Q

Headphones/Amp:
Hifiman HE-400i
Hifiman HE-1000
Philips Fidelio X2
Denon AH-D2000

Shiit Jotunheim Phono
Little Dot MkIII
Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear clone+MiniDAC 24/96 built into old casette deck!

4 Likes

Stunning, truly exceptional. I would love to one day hear what a properly acoustically tuned room with fine speakers and electronics sounds like. In your case, the acoustic treatments enhance the look of the room, not usually the case when acoustic treatments are applied. Well done.

We just had that experience watching Wild Ponies in a 300 year old living room play live. 25 people with real instruments in real space. This is the sound all HI FI’s are trying to re create and it’s there to be had live!

I’m a lucky person.

1 Like

Can you provide any details on the diffusion? Is there also some on the back wall? Looks great!

Thanks a lot, John. It would have been possible to hide the acoustic treatments in my listening room completely, but my wife and I decided otherwise. The look of the room is deliberately “recording studio-like”. It’s in our basement - we wouldn’t want to have this kind of design in our living room. The way you’ve integrated your hifi system, home cinema and music/film archive into your home looks fantastic. Great job!

Absolutely right, that’s the perfect balance. Plenty of Live music and a great system to re live the occasion. I wouldn’t want people to miss out on this. Chris

Front wall and ceiling:

Rear wall and ceiling:

Side wall 1:

Side wall 2:

Acoustically speaking, the non-rectangular shape of the room has its advantages and disadvantages. There’s no such thing as the “perfect room”. The only perfect room would be no room at all - and that isn’t entirely true, either
:grinning:

46 Likes

I’d really love to have a dedicated listening room like that. Looks pretty cool. How thick are the acoustic walls with the absorbers hidden in them?

1 Like

@Hans-Willi_Zerres
Congratulations on a very nice set-up & room !

Please could you share any information you have regarding the wall absorbers - supplier / link etc - they’re very similar to something I’ve been looking at for a long time

Thanks !