Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

You gotta explain that last photo better… :slight_smile:

That’s my rig of servers… there are 2 MacMini’s, 6 Drobo’s of which the one with 5 vertical lights is the main music container, with 5 HDs of 4 TB, set to double redundancy. The others are backup, backup of backup, and movies etc. then 2 Apple Airports (one extreme) for the system backup, them all the way to the left a UPS to feed it all. On top is a miniDrobo containing my pictures backup. Also set to double redundancy.
Yes, I am very carefull, I even have 2 offsite backups. I would not want to think about tossing my 10,000+ collections of albums on the server, a significant part hires…yes, a freak maybe :-):sunglasses:

5 Likes

@bullrich , how are you using those (3?) Genelecs, and do you find them?

Hi,

I have 7 Genelec + 1 U-Sub-2 from Backes & Mueller for Homecinema on Lexicon MC-12 B, funny little System with punch :slight_smile: :smile: ,
the B&M 12 are on Logitech Transporter & Schiit Freya.

Marco

1 Like

Forgot to add description…

Stream from MAC Mini i7 2.6GHz 1TB SSD for Roon & 1 TB HDD for Time Machine> Mac Mini runs on 12 VDC. Powered by LPS
Audiobyte Hydra Z DDC USB in > AES out
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC>
Either Marantz 8801 Pre/Pro for Speaker Listening or Oppo HA-1 Balanced > either HD 650 or HD 800S
Mini DSP DDRC 88A Room Correction
Amp; Sunfire Signature 5 Channel
Speakers; Monitor Audio Gold Towers, Center Channel, and Rears
Subs; Velodyne HGS 12’s 2 each

6 Likes

Here is my fairly cheap setup, with home built acoustic treatment. But my bass traps are phat (1.5 cubic meter of mineral wool does wonder to the bass). They are actually closet frames with fabric in front and mineral wool inside :slight_smile:

Not that stylish, but its in my man-cave so wife can’t object (well, she does anyway). Sounds extraordinary considering the cost of the stuff:
Speakers: Dynaudio X14A (active)
Subwoofer: SVS SB-1000
DAC: Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital with iFi iPower and iFi nano iUSB3 for better power and USB signal
DRC: https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/

2 Likes

Some stunning rooms in here! Here’s my humble, work in progress with some analogue for good measure.

Waiting for an Allo USBBridge to arrive to sit between the NUC and the DAC and upgrading the amp to a Rega Elicit-R next week. Been using Roon for two weeks now and really enjoying it!

Digital - ROCK NUC 5i5 > Pro-Ject S2 Digital DAC (USB) > Naim Nat 5i2 > Linn Kan I

Analogue - Rega P9 + Apheta > Rega IOS Pre Amp

22 Likes

Really nice pictures.

New speakers :sunglasses:

49 Likes

Hi @Christoph,

WOW - beautiful view and equally beautiful speakers!!! Details, PLEASE!!!: What’s the name of the mountain we can see through your window? Are the speakers Odeon horns?

1 Like

beautiful, clean setup – and great pictures!

1 Like

Hi hwzoneyearyoungerthanme

Thanks for your nice comment.
The speakers are NOT Odeons, they are from the Polish brand hORNS and the model is called Universum.
http://horns.pl/en/speaker-sets/universum-3-way/

The mountains are called Gauschla (left one) and Alvier (right one)

@Christoph

Thanks for the info, christophoneyearolderthanme! :grinning:
Gauschla and Alvier are mountains in Switzerland, aren’t they?

is that a custom plinth for the P9?

correctomundo

Hi Woodford, original plinth sitting on a BASE isolation ‘thing’.

1 Like

Anthony

I’m a great believer in hi-fi being heard but not seen, largely because the bulk of systems are just that, bulky and inelegant. Yours proves my point in my view - low key, chic; if only others could take note.

It helps that the Kans like a back wall of course - no need to have them perched in the middle of the room. Have you ever used them with a sub? A good friend of mine has a pair. It’s a while back now but when we plumbed in an old REL it was fun to say the least.

Phil

1 Like

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the kind words. Very much in agreement, especially as I don’t have a dedicated listening room, this space is very much where I live and entertain so I wanted it to feel elegant and simple. I had for a long time used a turquoise Hi-Fi stand in an attempt to draw attention to the gear but have sold that recently in fact as I prefer the cable free view this setup offers.

I’ve never felt the need to add a sub with the Kans, back to the wall they offer up punchy, if not arse rumbling bass, however for movies some extra kick in wouldn’t go wanting. I may look into that!

Cheers,

Anthony

Really lovely setup Anthony :slight_smile: How does the Elicit-R compare to the Naim?

Kalimera Yiannis,

I don’t have it yet, should be in the system early next week and will take a few days to get warmed up but I’ll be sure on report back. My father however has the same Elicit + Kans pairing and it is fantastic, my NAIT seems lethargic and reluctant by comparison.

I’m also contemplating some Isobariks but I need to control my spending!

1 Like