Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Playing around with some “new” NOS tubes that just showed up, as well as the 6SN7 tube adapters to use them in the Freya+…

Raytheon/Baldwin 12AU7’s on the left, GE 6CG7 on the right. I also have a pair of GE 6FQ7’s, which are identical to the 6CG7, but the 6CG7 utilizes a shield between the two plates.

12 Likes

Stream Deck is just a product from Elgato. Ordered online from a local retailer.
There’s a 6 button, 15 button and 32 button version. (this one is 15)

I installed the Roon “actions” from the Elgato actions repository which will connect to Roon as a Roon Extension when you configure it.

In the Elgato designer, drag and drop the various Roon actions onto the buttons and then connect each action to the Roon Core via IP/port and then set the output device you want the action to apply to.

I’ve setup 3 different pages (profiles) with actions for each of 3 main Roon end points and navigation between them and my main home page on the stream deck.

The 3 buttons across top in centre call up a different profile for each end point and far top left returns to my home page. Its about 30mins work and not difficult. No programming or custom stuff required. Just download and install the apps and drag and drop the actions and set IP/Port and connect to Roon Core.

Updated Roon page with active zone (active zone the controller is commanding)
Roon Stream Deck by Hilton, on Flickr

Home Page for controlling my lighting and OBS studio for web conferencing.
LIFX strip lighting and globes and Elgato Key Light Air.
Can change light colour temp and brightness and mute mic and blank video feed.

Stream deck pages by Hilton, on Flickr

Stream deck pages by Hilton, on Flickr

Stream Deck is a very powerful and versatile programmable controller.
Setup with a gaming profile for World of Warships.
This has multiple pages setup for different commands that it’s difficult to remember.

Stream Deck Gaming by Hilton, on Flickr

WOWS by Hilton, on Flickr

11 Likes

awesome thx!!

Z

does the + version too still click, when adjusting volume? :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yes, it’s a function of the style of relay-switched stepped attenuator that they utilize.

1 Like

Music path: Vortexbox music server - Roon - Sonore Ultrarendu - Schiit Yggdrasil - AudioValve Solaris - Dan Clark Audio Voce electrostatic headphones

1 Like

went and did it. Harbeth 30.2 XD. (Moved my P3ESR’s to a different room.)

These are pretty amazing speakers.

34 Likes

Great I’ve got the m30,2 40th anniversary that I got at a great price a few months ago since the xd series was on the way. Replaced my 17 year old M30s. The 30,2a are a significant step up from the M30s and I think this will be my last speaker purchase ever.

Can you guess I love these speakers? What have you got driving them?

1 Like

I’m using a Parasound HINT6 Integrated amplifier. (Gear is in a closet behind the orange couch.)

Roon streams from a Raspberry Pi running RoPieeeXL (HQPlayer NAA) into a Matrix X-SPDIF 2 via USB. Coax from the Matrix into the Parasound’s internal DAC.

I’ve done USB direct from the Pi, and also Optical from Matrix… it’s all pretty close. i don’t have the patience to play a song over and over looking for infinitesimal differences! :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I play records on my thorens.

8 Likes

Source: Innous Zen Mk3 (CD Raysonic CD168 not often used anymore)
Pre/DAC: Linn Selekt DSM
Amp: Linn Akurate 4200 and some MingDa Single ended Triodes 300B/805T
Speaker: Martin Logan Ethos

24 Likes

A slightly smaller setup than some - Roon running on a Nucleus parked elsewhere connected by ethernet to a Limetree Network / Limetree Headphone. Not the most powerful headphone amp but plenty to power a pair of Focal Clears.

9 Likes

I’ve read good things about Limetree. Had I not already have a setup I’m happy with I would’ve strongly considered them.

1 Like

These look amazing - where did you get the stands?

I made them out of 8/4 maple, and tried a castle joint for the first time. Turned out ok if you don’t look too closely at them!

15 Likes

HaHa!!! I am an amateur woodworker and that sums up all of my projects. :grinning: :grinning:

I would be very proud to have produced those.

1 Like

thanks.

I swear, sometimes I think I want new gear just so I can build something to put it in or on. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Currently I am addicted to building (constructing) speakers. I am on my 3rd set in as many months. Its a win win. I get to play in the wood shop and get an amazing set of speakers. I am blown away by how good these speaker kits sound for the price. Unfortunately, my wife is starting to question just how many speakers we actually need.

6 Likes

Hats off to you - they complement the speakers very well indeed.

1 Like

They’re good kit, and the Network sounds incredible, particularly given its size. The Headphone is definitely underpowered but as a mini-stack next to the couch that’s the size of a couple of packs of cards, they’re perfect for my needs.

Post some pics, if you haven’t already!

The last two years have seen a ridiculous increase in speaker count in my house, searching for the holy grail. I have a few different systems in the place, so I can put things to use, and move them around for fun and experimentation, but I seriously need to divest.

1 Like