Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

No, the MQA light is definitely blue and it says MQA above it, just had an older firmware on it.

I think the only use it will get is via the USB input :grinning:

That’s a newer production model. My MQA light is white. Not upgradable via firmware per Meridian USA.

Looks and sounds great. I’d be tempted to get the power amps off the carpet. Nice setup :+1:

1 Like

I’ve also got the prime/psu set up. The manual is a little misleading with regards to the amp’s dual outputs, implying, (to me anyway), that they are balanced. They are not but they are bi-amped so there are gains to be had by purchasing a suitable cable setup. I went with moon audio black dragon. Their jacks are pretty big but they just fit the Meridian. There was a noticeable improvement in SQ when paired with my Utopia’s against the stock cable/single jack.

1 Like

A bit more detail from a UK distributor.

“The prime has two internal amplifiers originally designed for two pairs of headphones.

(Not simply a passive split of the amplifier output to two headphone sockets)

So there is also an advantage to power one side of the phones from one amp (socket), and the other side from the other amp (socket), therefore bi-amping.

The two amps are ‘balanced’ in a way that the volume between the two is identical, so suitable for this purpose.

(Perhaps where we get the ‘balanced’ term entering their discription)

This is nothing to do with the output of the Prime having Positive and Negative signals, in the conventional way they would be referred to as balanced.

Anyway….

So what you would need is two cables from Prime to headphones, one for each channel.

They would both come from a ‘normally wired’ 1/4" stereo output on the Prime.

One to the left speaker, the other to the right speaker.

So each would use the shield connection for ground.

One would use the Tip for signal (Left)

The other use Ring for Signal (Right)”

Cheers,
Andrew

1 Like

Thanks for the info Andrew, very interesting.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Congrats. A boy to show the ropes

Winter is upon us and so we move Ito the lounge

Meridian G61R MS200 M60’s and M33 Center and surrounds for Trifield. Pioneer TV

12 Likes

Using Roon on a laptop (i7, 16GB, Windows 10) and a SOtM sMS200-ultra as an endpoint. Here’s the complete setup:
Supra and Lapp powercords
Synology DS212+ NAS
Tasker C726 digital audio ethernetcable
Asus RT-AC88U router
Audioquest Pearl CAT700 ethernetcable
SOtM sMS-200Ultra with sPS-500
SOtM txUSBultra
Tubulus Argentus USB V2 cable (2x)
Singxer SU-1 MagnaFied
Tubulus Argentus I2S (HDMI)
Audio-GD R2R 7 DAC
Tubulus Argentus ACSS interlink
Audio-GD Master 1 preamp
Tubulus Argentus XLR interlink
Audio-GD Master 3 poweramp
Tubulus Argentus V2 speakercable
Xanadu HRS80 speakers

17 Likes

Nice setup AudioEnZo :wink:

Wondering what the Singxer SU-1 (MagnaFied) would do for my setup (SOtM sMS-200 Ultra (NEO) to PS Audio Directstream Junior). Of course the I2S option would be preferable :wink:

Hans

1 Like

Hi Hans, if the difference between USB and I2S on your dac is as great as in my setup it’s really worth it. The sound will have ingreased detail level on mids and heights, wich give a wider and deeper stage.
It’s not that expensive and really worth the cost imho.
Btw: You’re Dutch?

Yup Dutch.

I already visited your website and read the Singxer review, very promising (nice site btw). Also looking into Matrix X-SPDIF 2.

I’m a frequent visitor of the streaming audio FB group.

Groet Hans

Thanks Hans, i’m a member of Streaming audio FB to, among several others :slight_smile:

Just finished consolidating the core and storage into the loft (to get a hardwired connection to the main router) along with the Home Assistant server:

The old laptop running the core on Ubuntu and a Raspberry Pi based NAS.

2 Likes

Came across a great opportunity to upgrade my AURALiC Aries to a G1, so I did. In my honest opinion Auralic made a big step-up built quality and sound quality wise. This is one awesome machine. Some pictures:

Love that Jan Gunnar Hoff album!

The overall picture:

And updated schematics:

16 Likes

What exactly is “SL-7”? I’m assuming SL stands for “straight line” especially since someone mentioned a belt that drives the arm.

I had–still have, in my audio museum–an SL-8 (Rabco, anyone remember that?) which I think was made decades before this puppy.

The SL is just a model identifier as far as i know, it doesn’t stand for anything.

Like your setup.
How are you satisfied with the Primaluna?
Can it drive the speakers in a satisfactory way ?

Hello there,

Let me start by saying that the combination between the Primaluna and the Accordo is pure magic. So yeah it drives the speakers with ease. But it’s more then the ability to drive them, they do something very special with each other. There are some very high end well known stores in the Netherlands that actually rate the Primaluna / Accordo combination as one of the finer systems available.

The Accordos are truly magnificent. Their transparency en beautifully top end are something you have to experience in order to believe it. Match it with the Primaluna with gold lion kt77 tubes installed and you are truly in for a treat. Highly recommended!

1 Like

I have been thinking about this amp to use with my Graham Audio LS 5/9. A bit worried about power, Graham state 50w-150w, I have a hybrid with nos Mullard in the pre section that gives out 160w in 8 ohms, so going to a Primaluna would half my wattage!
Am not in a position to try the amp, so a bit of a risky prospect for me to buy unheard.