Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

He’s done a video of them that’s now up on the site!

Love it.

Latest news - stainless steel door stop stock prices go through the roof, manufacturers can’t keep up with demand, prices rise.

Just wait for the $1000 Audiofool versions :grin:

6 Likes

You :stuck_out_tongue:

So what’s YT? I have this username on a couple of other forums, maybe that’s where?

1 Like

@extracampine Awesome setup and great video. I’m sure it sounds better in person than on my Pixelbook speakers. Very nice!

1 Like

YouTube…yes maybe another Hifi forum

@Astr0b0y yes!! Thanks. Shipping from OS had proven prohibitive.

Still trying to recover from the R. Astley tease though!

1 Like

Maybe the CA forum?

1 Like

My nice Setup. Piega coax 711 and devialet 440 pro

12 Likes

For those who are still interested…

back to normal

4 Likes

Nice. I feel mellow already…

2 Likes

My 55" Sony is mounted on textured brick above the mantle on my fireplace. The brick is painted a dark, dark gray. I ran the HDMI cable behind my bookshelf speaker on the left, and the power cable behind the left speaker. I covered the cable with duct tape, then painted over the tape to match the brick. The tape picks up the texture of the brick. The only way to see the cables is to feel for it!

I just got my rack back together and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t look exactly like this! But hey, misery loves company~

I’ll get mine under control after I get things into their final spots. I really like the one above that’s all routed inside channels on the back of the equipment rack.

1 Like

nice video and cool Equipment :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t find a pic but at one time I had all my boxes affixed to the back of the tv (transport, switch, homerun, harmony etc. ) worked well to a point. But after moving/adding/switching components on the rack the wore management went to hell.

My favorite solution was the guy that had a closet in the adjacent room with everything in it. Made for a clear look listening room but had easy access to everything from the back. Unfortunately my adjacent room is a hallway lol.

I put a Sony SRS-ZR5 in the bedroom today.
After connecting to WiFi (yes. it does 5GHz even though no spec tells you) and enabling Chromecast Roon just picked it up and I was off to the races.

It sounds good but focuses a lot on bass. It’s so small I’d think they’d just brush over it but they really went to town with the bass.

3 Likes

I don’t need a travel adaptor to visit Singapore … you learn something new every day.

It’s on old colony so no.