Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Hi Claus,

I just ran into this option in the Innous. After half hour i must says the surprising result is very pleasing … probably wrong word but i would say … “musical”

Cheers
Frans

line magnetic based endpoint: mac mini, AS-123 tube buffer, LM 210 integrated amp, AS-133 pre-amp, AS-125 integrated amp. LM 502CA dac, border patrol SE dac, omega super alnico high output XRS speakers, omega deep hemp 10 subs, benchmark media interconnects, western electric speaker cable.

27 Likes

I’m sure it sounds wonderful, but the top shelf of gear looks like something out of a submarines comms room, lol. I’m going to have to google this, thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

21 Likes

I’ve been busy reinventing my office. New NorStone cabinet to hide (hopefully) most of the mess. Turned my standup/sit down desk 90 degrees to face the music. New monitor stand to stack the monitors…side by side was blocking the right speaker. With some help from the Roon community I found the perfect one box solution that is Rooon Ready (Lyngdorf TDAI-1120)

&

• Lyngdorf TDAI-120 (replaced HiFiBerry XLR DAC and old Carver amp)
  • Wharfedale EVO 4.1 (replaced Sonos 1SL pair)
  • NorStone Stylum 3 stands
  • Kindle Fire 10HD mounted on clamped stand (Controller for Roon when on various VPNs for work )

Add images

15 Likes

The resemblance is striking :rofl:

The equipment or the people in the picture to his avatar :grinning:?

1 Like

The whole ball of wax!

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be better just to put the kids behind grills? :wink:

5 Likes

I would love to listen to every system in this thread, to get some real comparisons!

Me too, maybe I would hear ‘clear and obvious’ differences in files like others do.

2 Likes

Speakers: JMR Bliss Jubile
Stands: Isoacoustic ISO-155
AMP: Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 (Roon Ready)
Switch: SOTM snh-10g
Power: Keces P3
CDP: Sony S1500
Roon Core: HP laptop
and…my lion

37 Likes

Skipped this years holiday so could upgrade. Bonn N8, Forester F1 power supply and Cristal Connect ethernet cabel. Very happy.

12 Likes

Hi Andrew,
Did you own a TDAI-1120 at any time?
I’m considering that model, to pair upstream with a Innuos Zenith MK3 and downstream with w
Wharfedale Linton speakers. My dealer thinks the TDAI-1120 and I will need to add a sub.

@Benoit_Mahe what is your experience with the Focals?

Looks like a real lion , that’s about all they do, maybe not so flat.

Vaccinated now so off in October to see some real ones snoring :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi Marc, I haven’t heard one, but I read that it’s very good!

Just check though, I may be wrong but the Zenith only has USB out and the 1120 only has HDMI in?

I would definitely get a sub - two, in fact! And buy REL, nothing else, using the high level output from the amp. My friend uses a 2170 with two T9i and a pair of ATC SCM19 - you get the basic setup right and then apply RP - sounds wonderful; proper full range a holographic soundstage. He started with one REL (great) and added another after a few months (greater)

As it happens, I have a 2170 for sale which has the USB module in it - if the above is true then maybe we can do a deal?

I think with the 1120 you get a few more user features (phone app) and streaming, but with the Zenith you wouldn’t be using them anyway (I’m assuming…) . I have the 3400 which has the app, but I don’t use it, nor the streamer (my rig is full SOtM). The 2170 has the money spent on the more powerful amp, RP will be the same

I hope that helps
regards
Andy

I previously posted a pic of my main system: Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04] - #429 by pstrisik

Here is a pic of my office system. Much more modest, but still awesome with AURALiC POLARIS as streamer/DAC/Amp and powered DYNAUDIO XEO 2 speakers. Roon is on an i7 NUC with music files on QNAP NAS. Wifi to the POLARIS:

The POLARIS amp is quite good, but the XEO 2’s don’t have speaker level in, so I have line level analog to the speakers’ amps. My preference would be to use the POLARIS amp, but would need to get new speakers or modify these internally. I’m happy enough as is though. The serious listening is in the main room.

.........Pete
7 Likes

FWIW, I have heard both the TDAI 2170, and the NAD M10 in the same room, with the same speakers (Dynaudio Special 40s). I preferred the M10.

I have not heard the 1120, which is more comparable to the M10 in size and feature set.

Main room is Dutch & Dutch 8cs. Our living room is KEF LS50W mk1. I have them over wired Ethernet. The speakers are connected through a conduit behind the fireplace. The room is not set up for critical listening but works great for casual listening and background music, plus the partner acceptance is high.

22 Likes