Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Far less than what I have spent on HAM radio(s).
:grimacing:
I need cheaper hobbies.

1 Like

I tend to buy only really good condition 2nd hand apart from cabling. If you’re an enthusiast then most stuff has been looked after…amp, pre-amp, DAC and speakers are all used…saved me thousands​:grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

What OS are you running?

Im so interested in hearing about your speakers !!!

Ironically this post didn’t seem to connect to the appropriate parties system
It was JMR Bliss Jubilee posted by BIGFA

A post was split to a new topic: Showing (off) your Guitar collection

Hi all - here’s my system. I’m running Roon on a Mac mini in the cabinet, connected directly to the Hegel H120 via USB (I also have an old Arcam CD72 in there). Speakers are Kef R3s with a Rel T5i and the turntable is a Rega P1 Plus.

34 Likes

nice; like the solid steel stands too.

1 Like

you just convinced me to try the remote. I’ll give this one a go and harmony conncet. Love using the screen or phone but just laying back and controlling with the remote sounds ideal

1 Like

Some quick and dirty shots of the system in our recently remodelled Lounge.

Voyd turntable & Audio Synthesis Phono amp for vinyl duties;
Theta Jade Transport for CD replay;
Innuos Zenith mk2 SE as Roon bridge/server from NUC6i5;
Vitus Audio SD-025 for DAC/streamer;
Vitus Audio SIA-025 Amp;
Wilson-Benesch ACT speakers.

42 Likes

Absolutely stunning!
Thank you for sharing this.

1 Like

Either sliding shelves or rear access? How in the hell did you hook it all up otherwise? Love the TV well in the wall! Only odd item is that top component…Just like the Laughing Gnome who posted above me!

You are right, hooking it up is a PITA :grin:. Need to start at the bottom unit and work up - I try not to do it too often :sweat:. That odd item - the laughing gnome - is our clock, a bit fancy I know, but remarkably accurate still, as long as you remember to wind it up :thinking:.

1 Like

I thought it might be bottom and work upwards saga, been there and done that no fun!

I think our friend @LarryMagoo was jokingly referring to your turntable as he considers my predilection for vinyl quite amusing :innocent:

1 Like

All in the know know vinyl sounds best……

2 Likes

Actually, if you look at our clock and compare it to your gnome avatar they do have a similar shape :thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

…and looks much better…

The latest generation turntable streams directly to the TV :wink:

4 Likes

Like the new avatar BTW! You caught on to my TT comment, eh? :wink:

1 Like

Wait just a dang minute….a TT that streams VIDEO to a monitor??? What the hell is this world coming too??? :flushed:

There was a format back in the 1980’s - the videodisc -Video Discs | Museum of Obsolete Media which was actually, as the name implies video on a disc

3 Likes