Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

I can understand that but it’s part of my therapy…lol.

Get a real amount of satisfaction from a record store visit and a “ must have “ find!.

I am in Florida who apparently decided quite some time ago to just ignore COVID-19 so been relatively easy to continue the in store search and rescue.

I have a bit of a routine for music playback during the course of a day.

Start with vinyl, then when can’t be bothered to get up every twenty minutes I usually switch to a cassette tape or two( might be twenty minutes too but it stops itself when a side is done).
Then later in the evening I will switch to streaming Qobuz via Roon until I’m too tired to listen and enjoy.

5 Likes

Haha yes she looks like a cat. But she is actually a Pomeranian.

1 Like

Kevin…Tapes? Lovely fidelity at 13/8" ips…Tell me it’s not true Kevin… :rofl:…so then as I see it, your music listening starts with old school tech…and as your day goes by, starts really improving as digital comes to the fore…At least all your equipment gets used which is more than I can say about mine…

Cheers!

Reminds me of Tom & Jerry, looks like the lion was flattened by a Cartoon steam roller?

It makes shopping worthwhile here, she goes in her shops and I go in the charity shops and am often found sat on the floor rifling through a box of records.
For @LarryMagoo benefit I sometimes get one of those new fangled CD things while I’m there too just to test whether they still sound crap humour

2 Likes

I think this is the first time I’ve posted a pic of my Audio system.
Located in my “Media” room

EQUIPMENT

Bryston SP3 Processor, Bryston 2ch and 5ch amps 4B-3 & 9B-3, Bryston Streamer and DAC BDP3 & BDA3 (stereo), Exasound Streamer & e68 DAC (multi ch), OPPO UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Niagara 5000 conditioner and power source, Paradigm Persona 5F L+R, Persona Centre and surround and rears & Paradigm SUB 1000, Ethernet connected 100/1000 hub for all devices.
Streamers/Dacs are ROON ready and music files both 2ch and multi ch are stored on a Windows 10 Server.

28 Likes

Hi all,
Slight update from last year:
Sony PS-4750
Audio Technical AT-VM95E
Primare I15
Lumin U1 Mini
Chord Qutest
KEF R3
Audioquest cables
Solidsteel furniture
Russ Andrews X6

36 Likes

Yes - me too, boy did that disc spin at a rate of knots!! :slight_smile:

I would say my day starts with music about as good as it gets😁.
Then as the day draws on and I just get lazier I opt for convenience and push buttons on the ML remote and my phone.

2 Likes

I like your 80/20 rack

Sheldon

Love the black & white photo. Used to very good dramatic effect.

2 Likes

SolidSteel stands are so sharp in white.

1 Like

[Moderated]
Your comment on vinyl sounding “best” is interesting. I certainly do enjoy vinyl and especially a well mastered and presses recording. Analog has a magic that is special. The convenience of digital has won me over and these days it’s close enough that I’m quite happy. [Moderated].

Via my email alert regarding your post I was able to see the un-moderated version of your post and you’re right, I’m not like that guy :rofl:

It’s a sad state of affairs that when in the land of free speech (The USA) any mention of things political gets censored. To the moderator: it’s not the moderation that I’m upset with, since it is more often than not quite needed. But rather it the fact that things have come so far off the rails that censoring is very much needed. Like I said sad, very sad.

2 Likes

BZN - Just an illusion 1983 - YouTube

Color me confused, very confused.

against sad circumstances helps only humor and good humor. That also helps only the good tones. I was pleased with BZN - Just an illusion.

My investments :wink:

Because I don’t have super ears, I continued to use my old headphones and Sonoro. I have invested only 30 € in DAC (Sharkoon). The sky is still open to me.

1 Like

Okay now i totally understand. You are quite correct that humor is a powerful remedy against sadness, as is good music.

Wishing you well on your audio journey. And never sell your ears short - they are the only you’ve got. :grin:

The moderator may not be sharp enough to see that I was joking about Godwin’s law which holds that sooner or later someone will accuse the other of being like Adolf Hitler. You commented about the vinyl/digital fights that erupt.

The strange thing is that the moderator actually censored a joke. What’s stranger is that this was standard practice for the guys that I mentioned.

So… the moderator may read this and if they are the kind of person that can apologise for the misunderstanding they’ll reinstate the comment in it’s entirety. If not… then… well… I invoke Godwin’s law.

Don’t hold your breath…:grin: