Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

My main rack :

4 Likes

My Honda S2000 nearly burnt out it’s clutch on that damn pass - whilst my nephew in his beat up old Renault Clio sailed past!! I remember we pulled into a passing place to let things cool down (boy did it smell!) with a big drop and were gradually sliding back on the loose chippings - quite scary actually!! :roll_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

No, as the LS 50 have no USB-Input I would need a converter.

System:
Speakers: Dutch & Dutch 8c’s
Stands: solidsteel SS-5
Preamp: MiniDSP Studio

Roon & Network:
ROCK: Intel NUC i7 10th Gen
Storage: QNAP TS-251+
LPSU: HD-Plex 300

26 Likes

I thought LS50 Wireless II had a USB input, no? (Or do you have the passive LS50 Meta version?)

It has, but in the manual it says only for Firmware-Updates

I think there are two USB ports. One for service (lower left), one for audio (A).

and then just plug it in from the DAC USB output on the Auralic.

2 Likes

My Mad Max mobile stereo system :

26 Likes

They always have super interesting stands.

This was true of the LS50W I (which I have) but on the LS50W II, KEF dropped the USB input and replaced it with HDMI. Either version can just be connected directly to a router and a Roon core will see the speakers as an endpoint. (I think some users just like to bypass the LS50W front end.)

2 Likes

ah, gotcha!

I was looking at the old one!

If you see what this guy has done it might give you inspiration or cause you to throw in the towel…

Terrible about his health though.

2 Likes

The mentioned documentary (58 minutes total)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b2IOOhJmxw

4 Likes

Life is short. Enjoy the music.

4 Likes

dude is drinking kendall-jackson.

i question his taste.

3 Likes

How can anyone not be moved by his having built something so important to him only to find that his time left to enjoy it is limited. ALS is a cruel process, and it is very moving to hear his comments on what will become of the system. He knows that his life will have such a difficult ending. What a project this has been for him.

3 Likes

It’s maybe not just about enjoying such a system as long as possible, which I hope he still can. But also the process to realise this utopia of sound will have been worth it.

I only struggle to get along with his interior decoration style. But that’s just me being weird. Kudos to this guy.

OK guys… Last one, I promise. :wink: One more block of oak for the sub. Happy with how it looks, happy with how it sounds. Es ist vollbracht.

29 Likes

BoomBoom,

Oh C’mon…I got a RadioShack Transistor radio that’ll smoke that system! :flushed:

What a system…what a room!! Just the wall construction blows me away… 16 15" Woofers??? OMG!

1 Like

I think it has a very good chance of literally"blowing you away"
Just think how much air those woofers can physically move!! :wind_face:

1 Like