Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Absolutely beautiful. Music is very special. To have your three daughters ‘producing’ it like that…very proud dad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I may just try that at some point if I have issues getting the sound I want. Though I have to say, I was messing around with the system a little late last night, and got it sounding considerably better.

1 Like

So we received a text from the youngest daughter. She and fiancee had flow to California, then went hiking in Yosemite, and then texted: “We are wed. Going for a glass of wine.”

I asked her if it were deliberate to marry on 9/11…since that would be a very mixed celebration.

She wrote back and said what characterizes her thinking: “Oh.”

9 Likes

Getting a subwoofer properly integrated with the main speakers makes all the difference. Last year I picked up a pair of B&W 805 D2s which I use with an Energy subwoofer. Nice speakers but at first they were somewhat disappointing. I did a little research, found the specifications for the B&Ws and set the subwoofer to the correct crossover frequency and output level and now the speakers/system sound fantastic! By the way I haven’t touched it since setting it because there is no need. “Set it and forget it” are words to live by!

6 Likes

REW has a room simulator. It can be fun to play with for this kind of thing. Find the response you want in the simulator, place speakers there, measure and compare. Furniture and other things in the room will impact measured response compare to the simulation and it may help you identify what’s causing the issues.

2 Likes

The Naim Atom which I used as a preamp has been replaced by a Naim Atom Headphone Edition, which is also an excellent preamp.

The system now consists of the following components:

Mac Mini with Roon Server
Naim Atom Headphone Edition (streamer + DAC + preamp)
Purifi EVAL1 power amplifier
Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE
Dynaudio Sub 6
AudioQuest Niagara 1200
Some very nice sounding AudioQuest power and speaker cables
Blue Jeans network cables

BR,
Richard

22 Likes

Very nice, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I’ve posted before, but the light was pretty today.

42 Likes

Looks nice Richard!

1 Like

All very nice but where are the headphones? :laughing:

1 Like

Hahaha, good point. AKG K702 at my disposal, but mostly listening through the speakers. :yum:

With that so far very well reviewed Naim Atom I believe that you may want to up your headphone game just a bit. :grin:
The Atom HE is more than capable of driving any of the various top of the line headphones out there … and make them sing!

nice system …and an excellent library of LPs !!

1 Like

I know. But have to save up a bit first. :yum:

2 Likes

As they say over at Head-fi.org: “Welcome to head-fi. Now hold onto your wallet” :rofl:

3 Likes

So true… My last trip to head-fi left me in hock for a pair of ZMF Eikons in Padauk wood…
Spendy but such a revelation!

3 Likes

Head-fi + spouse = divorce

4 Likes

Ahh but which is cheaper in the long run?

5 Likes

That room is so beautiful. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Bravo
There must be more LPs (hidden) somewhere.