Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

My humble Roon setup. MBL 101e Mk2, 2x MBL 9008A, 2x Perlisten D212s, DEQX HDP4, HDPlex 300 linear power, Innuous Phoenix USB reclocker, Terminator Plus DAC, ATech Fabrication Mini-client 2500 and mass Storage 2500, Acer touch screen, 75" Samsung TV.

50 Likes

Curious about what your not so humble Roon setup is😉

21 Likes

Hoe sterk is de eenzame fietser
Die kromgebogen over zijn stuur tegen de wind
Zichzelf een weg baant?

Sorry for the OT reaction.

Heel sterk💪

1 Like

:laughing:

Hoe sterk is de eenzame fietser
Die kromgebogen over zijn stuur tegen de wind
Zichzelf een weg baant?

Google translation -
How strong is the lonely cyclist
That bent over his handlebars against the wind
Make your own way?

Huh?

Google translation -
Huh?

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks. Non sequiturs always confuse me. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing…very inspirational. The posted MBL setups are so very clean. How many of the components are you powering with the HDPlex 300? Nice component stand as well…what model is it?

I‘m not envious, no I‘m not :weary: okay perhaps just a little but only because my tv has only 65“:sweat_smile:
Just a marvellous setup :clap::vulcan_salute:

Hi, the HD Plex powers the mini client, the Asus touch screen, which is flat on top of the unit, and an hdmi switch which is not visible. The unit itself I made. That I may redo at some stage. But OK for now.

I don’t really think of the TV as part of the set up, but it is in the picture. :grinning:

Great job all around.

1 Like

The NY Met…

1 Like

Been playing with speaker/sub placement a lot more lately, as well as crossover and gain settings on the subs. The speakers front baffles are now just over 6 feet from the front wall, the subs are about an additional 8 inches further out than in these pictures. Tweaking width spacing and toe in about 1/4 inch intervals, this system is finally creating an extremely realistic, holographic sound stage with great depth, width and pretty decent height. With the right recordings, the speakers completely disappear as well as the subs.

I’m really enjoying the system in this new, larger room/house.

24 Likes

That one is through to the keeper. No idea how to respond.

Don’t need to respond. It was a joke. The ask was about the setup and a response was about a poem about bicycle riding. It just struck me as funny and non sequential.

What does this mean? I don’t get the idiom.

Have to go to the 3rd umpire for this one…

3rd umpire says… different Peter replied with the poem :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the catch. I changed the post to reflect your observation. :+1:

(I may be too old for this)

2 Likes

Seems like your feline visitor like the Stereo position where he is! Nice that he/she appreciates this spot! :wink:

3 Likes

No worries! I missed it initially too

“Through to the keeper” and “3rd umpire” are cricket references.

I guesstimate about 15% of people in this thread would get :grinning:

:cricket_bat_and_ball:

6 Likes