Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-04 .. 2021-09]

Been enjoying my clear audio level two for decades. Happy listening to you and yours.

1 Like

Quite a system. Like Helmut, I’m not jealous at all. :wink:

2 Likes

It means I don’t understand the comment. I did not post the the poem about bicycle riding (nor do I understand its relevance). cheers.

Just to stop the confusion about the Dutch response I got from PeterD. My nickname fietser means cyclist. He answerd on my reaction with a piece of a dutch song. In English meaning: How strong is a lonely cyclist. Didn’t get the connection to my response either.

Love the humble setup by peter_treyde

Really sorry I started this ■■■■ storm. :grimacing:

Apologies.

5 Likes

You have won this thread. Absolutely stunning.

It is a beautiful system I agree and also am jealous. I would point out that I get just as much pleasure out of seeing a vintage 60s or 70s vinyl system with barn door speakers and a valve or Japanese super integrated.

2 Likes

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of this as a competition. I love seeing everyone’s systems on this thread. My experience with my audiophile friends is that each person puts their system together with a lot of thought and attention to detail, I have rarely, if ever, heard a hifi system put together by an audiophile that didn’t sound great. After that its just personal preference.

7 Likes

I agree, I started my “journey” in the mid 1970’s, I haven’t heard an audiophile system that I have not enjoyed listening to. They all sound different.

4 Likes

I also enjoy seeing the many posts and attachments here and reading backgrounds. I am still very reluctant to assess whether I have a benefit from high investment. I just suspect that my old ears will not hear it. This can also be a purely subjective view, which any good acoustician will be able to refute. Being open to other experiences brings insight.

3 Likes

Sounding good to you is all that matters and if you ever feel the need to improve I find a large glass of something does just that!

6 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-10]