Sony 4K Blu-Ray
Technics SL-MA1
Heed Questar RIAA
Heed Canamp
Apple TV 4K
Audiovector Si6 center speaker
Audiovector Si6 Avantgarde Arrete

24 Likes

Thank you so much. Although we live in the digital world, and Roon is great and all, I’m still madly in love with those reel-to-reels. There is something about them.

3 Likes

Thank you. I was fortunate to inherit these two Pioneer reel-to-reel. Although they both have seen very little usage, they are up there in the age. I don’t play with very often. There are not good known service repair shop or person in my town. They are very heavy to ship across the country. They also hold certain sentimental values to me.

2 Likes

Dual purpose Room. Maxtrix Mini Pro 3 and Focal Sopra 2 / SVS Ultra 13 via Parasound P7.

18 Likes

Great Star Wars posters. Also love the Sopras.

Got those wood posters when Blockbuster went under. Super cheap.

@Max_Tran can you elaborate on this „excellence in service” reward? :sunglasses: is it new iso-acoustic-like product?

I use these Ripols for half a year now and wouldn’t miss them anymore. They are integrating very well into the existing environment. The Ripol subs are developed and patented by German engineer Axel Ridtahler. The symmetric, low-vibration concept provides a deep, fast and very “punchy” base for the Duettas. One simply has to be aware that the subwoofers, due to there directed radiation behavior, have to be directed at the listener. So, for me it’s a perfect match for “sweet spot” music listening rather then watching movies with a bunch of friends.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m quite aware of their history and design. I built a pair many years ago, but then my system outgrew them and they couldn’t keep up, then life happened, so I never got around to building new, larger ones.

Maybe I’ll build new ones once I finish my open baffle project.

1 Like

16 Likes

Pleased to see the diffuser lights still work now the nights are drawing out

I run Roon on a powerful QNAP 4Bay Server all hardwired to my Amplifi Alien router and from there to the Cary DMS550 I use as the Roon end point. My preamp is a Supratek Chardonnay, amps are Raven Audio Reference, and speakers are Lawrence Audio Cello. No spousal approval for a TT. I fantasize about the bigger Lawrence Double Bass speakers, but our living room is not that big. Placement is compromised as it is to achieve at least a minimal wife acceptance factor. The set-up sounds fantastic, so I may (will?) probably stop the upgrade path right here.

44 Likes

The Lawrence Audio speakers are my dream transducers…maybe one day.
I am pretty sure the Cello’s are more than adequate for your room.

What a fantastic set-up!
Kudos to you.
Apart from the lack of turntable…:relaxed:

3 Likes

Thank you Kevin. This has been years and years in the making and I finally relaxed and just enjoy the music when the rest of the family is out of the house. And honestly, with all these 1940’s TungSol tubes installed, it is almost like listening to a TT. Almost…, but not quite.

4 Likes

it’s a lovely system indeed, and as a fan of tubes, i’m very jealous.

tell us about the Cary- i’ve not seen many of them.

1 Like

My Radio Shack system.

12 Likes

Thomas…you have a gorgeous and I’ll assume a great s performing system as well. Don’t be put off by Kevin’s mention “Apart from the lack of turntable…:relaxed:” The funny gent is a self-admitted Dinosaur even he knows vinyl is no longer state of the art… :rofl:

1 Like

Thomas knew exactly what I meant Larry, lol… It was really only his mention of a TT that spurred my comments.
I think he is correct though with all those glorious valves he gets a very analog approaching sound.
I came so close to buying a pair of used Violins and still kick myself that I passed.

I like to think of vinyl as “state of the Ark”

5 Likes

Kevin, That sounds about right…I always thought Moses invented the Turntable! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I actually tried a Conrad Johnson Tube Pre-Amp a couple decades ago …and it seemed I was always aware of Tube noise during the space between the notes…

2 Likes

Could be, that would explain the " heavenly" sounds they make…:innocent:

1 Like