Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Now that is a fantastic looking set up.

1 Like

I found an electrical certificate I had done in around 2004 and the electrician must have been blind, drunk or bribed. We first rewired our house in 1997, the electrician was a Kurdish chef and I hope his food was better. The IEE regulations have been upgraded three times since then and a recent building job forced us to do a complete rewire, to make the house legal and less of a death trap. Had wonderful electricians, the entire system was replaced - every light, socket and just about every cable. We had a new 3-phase supply installed from the street and the audio is powered from a phase that has little if any other use, and is on an RCD with the car charger that gets used once a week. Dedicated feeds were installed to the audio system and the modem.

Whether this has improved the sound quality is difficult to say as the building works took 6 months. At least it’s reassuring to know it’s one thing ticked off the list never to be thought about again.

9 Likes

DAC : Hapi (Merging audio) (Swiss)
Pre pre amp : Pass Labs Xono (USA)
Pre + amp + speakers : Thrax audio (Bulgaria)
Turntable Audionote TT3 + Miyajima Madake (England + Japan)
Acoustic treatment of the dedicated room by Vicoustic (Portugal)

33 Likes

A true Multi international system for sure! I’m not sure I ever seen Amplifiers so large!!! Must have needed at least two dudes to move them…maybe even a fork lift :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Two strong dudes yes ! :slight_smile:

some nice systems on here :drooling_face:

thought I’d throw in my main setup, which I can’t imagine I could improve on IMHO (unless I went for the eyewatering Hugo DAVE Dac…)

Network Streamer : Pi3 + Allo DigiOne signature
DSP : MiniDSP DDRC-22D
Upscaler : Chord M Scaler
DAC : Chord Qutest
AMP : World Designs - WD88va (Class A PP KT88) with many upgrades/modifications
Speakers : Living Voice IBXR2

21 Likes

Nice setup, Richard. Perhaps the TT2 before the DAVE…typical next move :).

Does the MiniDSP play well with the MScaler?

Yeh that is true. I’m wondering what the new Chord device which’ll pair with the mscaler is going to be.

The miniDSP works perfectly well, I would probably have it over the scaler (if they didn’t behave well) as it tames my room considerably. However the mscaler just makes everything that bit more magical :wink:

3 Likes

I started with the Qutest. Now I’m at the TT2 and MScaler. Thinking of adding the DAVE down the road. I agree with respect to the room correction benefits. I went with HAF’s service through Roon convolution. Always curious about the Dirac system though.

Not sure what the new device is…people are saying it’s a new mojo.

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: TuBe or not TuBe (I had to)

It’s done…

2 Likes

I heard from a reliable source (dealer) yesterday that “Mojo 2” will be arriving on planet earth in a few days.

2 Likes

Long time listener; first time caller.
My system build throughout the pandemic. Thinking of changing the speakers (to Falcon Ls3/5as) and DAC ( to Aqua LaScala Opto MKII) to try something new for this Omicron wave :slight_smile: Great music has been a great source of therapy.

Main
Server: Roon/ROCK on NUC 8i5BEK in Akasa fanless case
Network switch: Fibre Optic cable>EtherRegen>Silent Angel Bonn N8 + Forester F1 LPS
Streamer: Silent Angel Munich M1T+Forester F1 LPS
DDC: Mutec MC3+USB
DAC: Chord TT2+Ferrum Hypsos PSU+MScaler
Integrated Amp: BAT VK3000SE w/Phono board (hybrid w/2x6H30 Tubes on pre/SS Amp)
TT: NAD C588
Speakers: DALI Epicon 2s
Subwoofers: 2xREL T5x
Cables: Audioquest Rocket 88; AQ Water XLR; SA Bastei & Audiosensibility & WHF: DC; Ethernet; Digital; BNC/BNC
Room correction: HAF Service through Roon Convolution filters
Tweaks: IsoAcoustics; SR Purple Fuses
Streaming: Tidal through Roon and Amazon Music HD through the streamer. Qoboz not available here in Canada :frowning:

Headphone Setup:
Cayin iDAC-6 MKII (Tube or SS selector)
Cayin iHA6 Headphone Amp
Headphones: DCA Aeon2 Open
Chomecast Audio Roon Endpoint

27 Likes

Seems to be the consensus. If it’s not too expensive it will be a great launch for Chord. The mojo, despite its faults was very well received.

Anyone listening to Dexter Gordon knows their music. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I once heard that Dexter practiced drunk so he be drinking during the gigs… Not sure.

1 Like

Dexter was a heroin addict at various times during his life so I would think that mere alcohol wasn’t much of a challenge for Long Tall Dexter.

I’m ashamed to admit but I only recently got taken with him…thanks to Roon Radio. Now he is one of my favourites…especially if I want Jazz that’s more early in the evening. Coltrane and Miles, etc…I seem to enjoy more after 11pm.

1 Like

…with fantastic taste in music!!!

Welcome to the party!

Try this:

RoonShareImage-637771678175363789

or this:

RoonShareImage-637771678739961683

4 Likes