Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2024]

PS Audio while a good product is a risky value proposition. They often have deeply discounted sales which devalues their products, especially for those who purchased at full price.

1 Like

All relative, and depends what your primary driver is in this game - affordability, SQ, practicality, value, features, er - residual value :woman_shrugging:t2:
Each to his own

Generally HiFi doesn’t hold its value (of course there are exceptions to any ‘rule). A quick look shows the Magico A3 was first reviewed late ‘19 so probably on sale early ‘20, now there are a few available in GB under £10k ie. 50% residual after 4 years - probably indistinguishable from new in SQ and finish (unlike many goods)

I would expect their owners have enjoyed those years and moved on to the latest, tastiest option within their parameters

2 Likes

Wilson Audio Sabrina X are great speakers. I’ve had them for more than a year now. In my opinion, they look great and sound even better.

Last year, I had the chance to join a Backes and Müller demo show. The BM 35 Line are the best speakers I’ve ever heard. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to afford them in the foreseeable future…

1 Like

As for the Backes & Müller BM Line 35, you could try to buy them used, but they’re pretty hard to get because only very few owners decide to sell them. This might be one of the reasons why they’re a lot more stable in value than most other speakers in their price range. That’s great from an owner’s perspective, but not so much if you’re a potential second-hand buyer…

As for the Audio Wilson Sabrina X, I absolutely love those speakers. A close friend of mine bought them as soon as they became available here (I think that was back in 2021?). He’s been very happy with them, and it’s easy to understand (or hear :grinning:) why.

2 Likes

Current setup: Wiim Pro → RME ADI-2 DAC FS → Nord Acoustics NCx500 dual mono → Fyne Audio F502SP, with Roon on Mac Mini running the show (cabled). Stored on Pylon Obsidian rack, oak veneer in oil wax chocolate finish.

33 Likes

Made my decision. Ordered the Magico A3 and new speakercable.

8 Likes

beautiful minimalist system.

do I spy a BGE on the deck?

I think your child has exited the cage, undone his red rope leash, overcome the stair gate lock and escaped! :astonished:

6 Likes

But forgot to take the bag

Screenshot_20240401-141740

2 Likes

Almost - it’s a Kamado Joe. Bit of a hybrid solution.

3 Likes

:joy: but got caught in the 10sqm of flypaper downstairs!

1 Like

nice. I have a Classic Joe on my patio.

2 Likes

Using Roon in 2 rooms mainly.
Living Room has Revel F206 speakers, DSPeaker X4 (preamp, DAC & DSP room correction)
Red Dragon S500 power amp
Primare Prisma NP5 with Small Green Computer Linear Power Supply
Oppo BDP-95
Logitech Squeezebox Touch
Office System has Technics SL-1200 MK II Turntable, Vincent PHO-8 phono preamp.
Maratntz PM8004 Integrated Amp
iFi NEO iDSD DAC usb connection to PC running Roon
Arendal 1961 Bookshelf Speakers with SVS Micro 3000 Subwoofer
Tascam CD-RW900 mkII CD recorder

20 Likes

how do you find the difference between the Primare and the Touch?

The Primare replaced a Bluesound Node 2i. The Primare sounds a little better than the Node 2i and the Node 2i sounded a little better than the Touch with all of these running into the same DAC on my preamp.
The Touch is running wireless now and the Primare is wired.

1 Like

Impressive setup. I am jealous of the b&w 800s. They must sound great. :+1:

1 Like

I think you’re missing something from this setup.

Hmm…

One of these

Other than that, a fabulous setup.

13 Likes

We need more pictures in this showing (off) thread! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cloudflare uses lava lamps to create encryption keys. Maybe this one is not only decoration.

https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/learning/ssl/lava-lamp-encryption/

1 Like