Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Haha
And only a true Dwarfer will get that one sir!
Well played smeghead!

5 Likes

Been waiting for the right moment to post it, that seemed it :grin:

I prefer the SmeeeeeegHeeeeeaaaaad version of that expression of affection :joy:

3 Likes

Ok
Last dwarfer post I smegging promise.

“I tell you one thing. I’ve been to a parallel universe, I’ve seen time running backwards, I’ve played pool with planets, and I’ve given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I’d taste an edible Pot Noodle."

10 Likes

James,

They are Ikea Besta with some extra screws for the shelves and the 28B’s stick out through holes cut in the back of the cupboards. I have found that most other components fit with only holes for cables but it is tight.

Regards

Stuart

Thanks. 7.2.4 , All Sonus Faber speakers with 2 Velodyne sub woofers. The acoustic treatment was huge as was Room Perfect.

1 Like

I get what the 7 means (center, front left & right, side left & right and rear left & right), I can even take a guess at the 2 (2 subwoofers) but the 4 has me stumped.

Lots of us do. Please take a look at these threads:
Turntables
The Vinyl Bar

1 Like

4 overhead Atmos speakers.

1 Like

Well that explains why I didn’t understand what the 4 meant, it was over my head :rofl:
Thanks Jim!

8 Likes

AceRimmer is obviously a hologram so are you real? :thinking:

2 Likes

Good ole’ Amazon delivery today… Hudson Hifi acrylic mat and gel stylus cleaner.

To my amazement, the acrylic mat is no joke. Bass and lower midrange has tightened up and become cleaner and more defined. Bass also seems to reach a little deeper. Everything else from what I can tell has remained the same with the exception of a bit more open sound stage. All in all, a nice simple upgrade for only 24 bucks, ordered last night and arrived about 2 hours ago.

Also, pretty sure I’ve pretty much eliminated that stinkin’ IGD. Part of it was the cartridge alignment (resorted back to the Technics alignment tool that came with this TT back in '78), and the other part was from some of these old LPs. It’s just the way some of them are, or how they’ve been played in years past with mis-aligned carts from the previous owners. My personal collection of LP’s from my father, brothers and myself are all perfectly fine… IGD free.

9 Likes

• Mytek Brooklyn bridge
  • Roksan Caspian m2
  • LS50 anniversary edition

Chord epic balanced interconnect cable, Tellerion Q blue spkr cable.

21 Likes

Just in case some of the non “analog kids” do not get this.
IGD equals inner groove distortion.
Fair to say Neil Young suffers from OGD, MGD and IGD.

6 Likes

4 ceiling speakers for Dolby Atmos

1 Like

I was tempted to move all of these latest posts to a new thread about Placebo effect.
But that would likely end up being worse than some of the threads recently closed for pointless and endless back and forth.
So let’s just leave it where it is now please.
It’s one of those areas where nobody will win or agree so nuff said.

Thread has been cleansed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

13 Likes

Good decision Ace.

2 Likes

Changed up my speakers, Dali Helions. I heard these years ago and they left such an impression on me over most speakers I have heard even to this date and they still give me goosebumps after finally owning them .

40 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of the Dali look. Until I saw these. Very nice.

1 Like

definitely pieces of hifi artwork, gorgeous cabinet work and finish.
Hope they sound half as good as they look!
Enjoy.

1 Like

Beauties. Love my Dali Helicons as well. Don’t have room for the towers but i have had the opportunity to hear them.

2 Likes

I’ve had the same memories of the Helicon speakers sound. So I bought the Epicon 8’s and couldn’t be happier. Enjoy.

10 Likes