Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

I bought it in France (www.boulanger.com) for 2500€. I was impatient and couldn’t wait for Black Friday, where it should be 10% cheaper. You can also look for last year model (JZ1500) if budget is the issue.

I don’t know where you’re located but if it’s US, I think Panasonic stopped distributing in the USA. (EDIT: sorry I didn’t read carefully and missed you live in Oz)

Some even worst news, Panasonic decided to outsource their production, apparently: Panasonic to outsource production of its high-end TVs

1 Like

@Gigatoaster

To start out, I would consider putting a big piece of art on the wall behind you (no glass) and a carpet on the floor in front of the couch. After that more art on the walls throughout that area, and if you want to splurge on your apartment, some long curtains for the glass door over by the table.

You will be surprised how just those few things will improve the sound.

Enjoy!

1 Like

some good info here too… @Gigatoaster miss our coffee catchups mate…hope all is well in EU :wink:

1 Like

Basically Hitachi, Toshiba, Panasonic and Sony all use 3rd party panels (in much the same way that Apple don’t actually own the factory that makes i-phones) its a volume game and there’s no money in making TV panels.

1 Like

Absolutely. Panasonic uses LG Display and based on their marketing (so you know what to think about it), it’s the post treatment that makes the difference. For me it’s just I simply prefer the picture quality style from Panasonic rather than Samsung or LG which I feel are huge users of over saturated colours. But I’m sure they make good stuff.

2 Likes

Mate, I can’t contact you via PM, your profile is private. Send me a message with your WhatsApp I’d like to catch-up. :slight_smile:

Yep LG panels and true OLED👍LG are the best panels in my opinion

3 Likes

just be careful of the image burn in if using as a roon display :man_facepalming: or any pc/Mac display for that matter

4 Likes

Update from me. I’m done updating things for a while…

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge Streamer/Dac
Mytek AMP+ power amp
Rega P8 and NEO psu. Ania MC cart.
Chord Epic Balanced interconnects
Tellerium Q Blue speaker cable
Kef LS50 Anniversary Edition
There is a Sony CD 330 in the corner as a transport too. Seldom used!

19 Likes

My LG tv burned in twice….
Never a oled for me, happy with my Samsung.

5 Likes

I’m still using a 65" gen 7 dlp… I have replaced the dlp engine once but been good since… 15 years and running strong… only 1080p but good colors. I calibrated it from the service menu years ago. Not sure what i’d buy if I had to buy a new tv… :thinking:

I had my 65 inch LG OLED screen replaced twice under warranty due to burn in. Supposedly, the third screen is an improved technology, less susceptible to burn in.

We have heard that one before :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

I said that 18 months ago, I was wrong :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Have to agree the LG panels are very good. The problem is the back light. Ours lasted less than five years before the back light started to fade. Then yellows turned green and could not be adjusted. Check the interwebs and you’ll see a lot of issues with the back light on LGs. Now I need a new one and guess what? I’ll probably get an LG. They’re that good. Too bad they’re essentially disposable now days.

1 Like

Slight cross purposes here, OLED panels don’t have backlights, that’s most likely an LCD panel issue.

3 Likes

Interesting. What didn’t you like about the devialet?

Nothing special. But I have for over 40 years a virus called Audiophile Nervosa😉. So need a change now and then

4 Likes

And does that help against the disease? :innocent:

The Linn does for the moment. I think the ordered amp will cure my😜.

1 Like