Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Love the booze reflection on the Helene :joy:

3 Likes

So, listen to your speakers with toe-in for a while. If you experience tweeter fatigue change the angle away from the listening position until you find the best sound for your ear’s.

The KEF article was really informative. They did indicate that the widest sweet spot was with the speakers facing straight into the room.

Hope you have great success putting your systems together over time.

2 Likes

Thanks! The front row is just for enjoying the view, or listing behind the speakers. That’s where you really can get behind the music and hear what the composer wanted to communicate :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks, can’t complain. The picture is actually taken from the listening position, so it isn’t half bad.

1 Like

That’s how I got approval from my better half. Technically they’re just speaker stands with some extra features?

1 Like

We know. All due respect for this cunningly executed high risk mission. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

How magnanimous sharing the “stereo sweet spot” , I would go for one chair placed “just right” and negotiate :smiling_imp:

Nice chairs though , I have a similar one but I am 100 % headphones so no negotiation needed.

Maybe we need a Chairs Thread , all this kit is not much use if you’re uncomfortable listening

3 Likes

lovely collection of brown as well, which no doubt has a positive effect on the sound.

1 Like

I thought I remembered seeing one. :+1:

2 Likes

Have you checked the OP on there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had clean forgot about that thread, my defence at least I’m consistent :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

10char

2 Likes

I wonder why you’re going through the RME dac since the Lyngdorf will digitize the signal anyway so Innuos → Lyngdorf will work. Do you like its sound signature?

Oh of course, Innuos to Lyngdorf is a great direct way of doing it but I like to tinker! Plus it makes life easier if I want to just plug in my Focals and listen more intimately :+1::musical_note:

2 Likes

It’s in a loft opening out into a big space. Need those Cornwalls to fill it up. Roon is running through a little Ropieee box, then into an RME DAC

22 Likes

Stunning rack. Who makes that, if you don’t mind telling me?

Cheers,
David

Ah, I see now. It’s a Harmonic Resolution Systems rack. Beautiful.

and some primaluna schiit too.

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes