Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Thanks. The Pre90 has both XLR and RCA outputs. One mode routes the input signal to both at the same time. So, I’m running the Fritz Carrera 7 BE’s full-range from the XLR outputs and RCAs feed the subs. The blend is seamless. No high-pass needed…at least in this case.

1 Like

One more thing, in the SVS, where do you connect the RCA from the Pre90? Left channel from Pre90 to the left input and right channel to the right input of the SVS? I’m sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks!

I’m using the LFE input on each sub, but I have their low-pass filters enabled. 46 Hz at 12 dB/octave.

3 Likes

Jim That’s great!

I got it now. Thanks!

1 Like

Very cool David. I’m curious where the filters from Acourate are being applied in your system? Also what is REW and does it include microphones? I’m curious about how that’s done. Thanks.

1 Like

Love the Rodrique prints, and was going to comment even before I got to the end of your post!

@David_Snyder very nice setup.

1 Like

Off topic, but picked up the Noseda / LSO War Requiem and really like it. Beautifully recorded and great performance. The Harbeths are addictive.

1 Like

Hey David,

This website will explain it all to you. Oner of the best features is adding Convolutions to Roon to fix your Room Correction issues. You will find Mr Thierry is very helpful in finding the proper room correction for your system(s).

My system has never sounded better since taking advantage of what Home Audio Fidelity can do.

7 Likes

Thanks Larry!

1 Like

Agree with that Larry. Thierry does a great job!

1 Like

PM sent. This is a fairly deep topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Plus one on the Home Audio Fidelity filters. I have them for two different zones with very different rooms and listening goals. Thierry is great to work with.

3 Likes

Last night I set up my new Sony HT-A9 home cinema system with the bigger subwoofer - no pictures yet as my system is in a state of change. First thing I did was enable Chromecast as a Roon zone. I’m quite impressed - first that Roon recognises it as hi-res capable, so will pass the maximum 96 / 24 through and it also (of course) gives volume control from the app.

I’m also rather impressed with the sound - not in any way as a replacement for a “conventional stereo” (like my Bryston / Marantz / Meridian / Ayre / Harbeth system that’s relocating to my new music room) but it’s grand as a way to put music into the lounge. It’s definitely better than it has any right to be with music, although the first half-hour of Shang Chi from Disney+ showed what this system is really all about!

3 Likes

Again - temporary. (Excuse the step stool and unmanaged HDMI cables.) The “stereo” still in the room (minus speakers) waiting to be moved into the new music room. I guess the speakers are comically small compared to my old B&W 804s. The clarity is remarkable and it’s really difficult to localise them. You can see the sub (on a Pyle subwoofer isolation platform to protect my neighbours) to the right, just beyond my sleeping dog. The subwoofer is remarkably subtle, and there’s a Subwoofer volume control on the remote for on-the-fly adjustments.

A little off-topic here of course, but this will be a secondary music system with Roon (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it).

10 Likes

An update to my system in my living room:
Replaced “Ultra-modified” MicroRendu with OpticalRendu
Audioquest Niagara 1000 power conditioner
2x JL Audio f110 v2 subs
Mytek Brooklyn DAC+
Bel Canto REF500S
Janszen Valentina speakers

I was hoping to hear an improvement but not sure what the magnitude would be, since I already have a decent power conditioner, but the change to optical rendering eliminates a noise floor I wasn’t truly aware of until it went away. Longer trailing ends of cymbals, gongs in percussion pieces. A new sharpness of detail but not frequency related - no excess presence range. Very happy with this upgrade.

3 Likes

Don’t worry :grinning::grinning::grinning:

I became a “headphone husband “ years ago , the main sound is now a Samsung HW 950 sound bar . It sounds really quite good considering

Some years back Samsung set up a “sound lab” to produce high end sound bars with their Harmon Kardon contacts, this was the result. Dolby Atmos the lot

Serious stuff is via my Sennheiser HD800 / Audiolab M-DAC

1 Like

looks great. are the stands part of the system, and do you use the TV as the center?

1 Like

The stands are from Fisual in matt white, and are a nice blend with the speakers which are a kind of textured soft grey. (I think the gloss white stands wouldn’t have looked right.)

TV is a Sony OLED but, as a 2020 model is too old to take on centre duties. That said, the speakers seem to create a very stable phantom centre - even when sat off centre. (The 2021 Sonys can be hooked by by a 3.5mm cable to become the centre channel.)

1 Like