Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Yes. The knowledge and experience are worth gaining, so I may take you up on this challenge. However, I don’t understand people with nice systems who don’t want to pay for Audiolense XO or Acourate. That’s like buying a new BMW M3 and then refusing to pay for premium gasoline. :smiley:

3 Likes

For people not educated using those tools it is nearly impossible to get good results. For the vast majority of people we need something simpler that also delivers premium results. I hope I will be able to provide this by between end of 2022 and mid 2023 as part of my my rooExtend suite.
Keep your fingers crossed :blush:

Best DrCWO

7 Likes

I’m using speakers from Michael Weidlich Audio and no Audiolense is needed. Their loudspeakers are designed to be time coherent. For example, this “Star” is how it looks like:
Star by Michael Weidlich Audio

Best Haiko

Looks great. Send me an .mdat file containing REW measurements from the listening position, and I’ll believe you. :slight_smile:

I’m sure the speakers are lovely, but usually all bets are off once the room comes into play

1 Like

Well, not everyone can turn their living room into an anechoic chamber, but let’s get back to the pictures.

8 Likes

That’s exactly what I would have written. Even if the distance between the loudspeaker chassis and the listening position is identical, that does not mean that the group delay is correct. Often the crossovers in the speaker cause problems here.

Transient perfect XOs can be done even without FIR filters but not with passive components. Only exception is a 1. degree XO. But with this you get other issues.

See here page 137 and on the following pages The Design of Active Crossovers (nvhrbiblio.nl)

This article is based on the non-publicly available AES paper:
Lipschitz, Stanley P. and John Vanderkooy “A Family of Linear-Phase Crossover Networks of High Slope Derived by Time Delay” JAES 31, January/February 1983, p. 2
This paper describes how it can be achieved: A New High Slope, Linear Phase Crossover Using the Subtractive Delayed Approach - PDF Free Download (docplayer.net)

1 Like

Sorry, sure you are right, but I had to say something about the marketing chatter …

2 Likes

My advice, don’t believe in too much marketing talk.
According to their story, any loudspeaker is a time coherent loudspeaker as long as you place it or tilt it to a point where the distance between your ears and the woofer and tweeter is the same. That’s all they are saying, and that’s all there is to it in this design but they packed in a lot of marketing talk.

1 Like

Can we please get back to the original intent of this thread and discuss room correction software and loudspeaker design details elsewhere. Thanks.

9 Likes

Yes, Please.

I’ve got my Roon ROCK core cranking out Very Thankful music today (right now Anouar Brahem’s The Astounding Eyes Of Rita) and would like to bask in the community’s adulation for the setup photo I posted this week.

3 Likes

nominal update to the second system- moved the Dynaudio Special 40s from the cabinet, and onto Solid Steel SS6 stands. still need to redo Dirac with the new positioning, but the change is quite nice.

16 Likes

Do you mind telling us what is the black stand with the blue on it?

Nice looking rig.

I agree. Very nice setup. That “stand with the blue on it” is actually a stool. Didn’t realize they are so popular. :slight_smile:

I have a black one in my room too that I sit on when I have a guest in the sweet spot chair. My room is pretty small, and the stool takes up very little space.

Here’s a link: Motion Stool by UPLIFT Desk

5 Likes

Like the carpet.

1 Like

As mentioned above, it’s a stool for my desk. Tucked out of the way when not in use.

1 Like

Thanks! $400 on eBay 15 years ago. Will be replaced soon as the dogs have done their work on it.

2 Likes

It really tied the room together.

7 Likes

Hi only a Hea-fi’er so no fancy speakers here but here is my setup housed in DIY shelf.

22 Likes

Is the tube amp DIY? See no manufacturer Label :thinking:
I identified the Sonnet Streamer and the La Voce DAC.
What is all of the equipment used for?

Recently we moved into our new house. It’s a newly build house so we had some influence (to a certain degree) on the design of the living room. It’s a decently large room (the listening area measures roughly 6 by 6 meters) which gave me some room to improve my audio setup.

I own a pair of Franco Serblin Accordo’s which are amplified by a Primaluna Dialogue Premium tube amp. The sound this set produces represents everything I like about audio. It’s very musical, emotionally involving and straight up addictive to listen to. However… coming from a much smaller apartment the set has grown a bit thin in my new listening area. Still being very much in love with the sound character of my Franco Serblin speakers I gave the newly introduced Accordo Essence speakers an audition.
The Accordo Essence are speakers designed by Massimiliano Favella, the late Franco Serblin’s son-in-law, who took over the family business.

Last weekend I picked up a pair to audition. While unboxing I took a while to inspect the design and build of the speakers. The Accordo Essence (especially compared to the original Accordo speakers) are pretty beefy speakers. They sure do stand out, but in a positive way. The shape of the speaker cabinet is similar to the original Accordo, but the dimensions are simply bigger. The materials used are of high quality and the speakers are beautifully crafted (as expected). The feet and spikes make sure the speakers are very sturdy.
Sonically the speakers incorporate the sound character of the original Accordo speaker very very well. They almost sound as if Massimiliano designed these speakers for my new listening space. The sound, emotion and overall listening experiencing is very similar. The deeper lows hoever add a very welcome dimension to the overall sound signature which can be described as musical, joyful, articulate and forward facing. The soundstage is also very large and all of this is achieved with a Primaluna Dialogue Premium integrated with KT150 tubes. Very impressive indeed. But connected to my Primaluna these speakers haven’t nearly shown what they are capable of. They can produce audio on a completely different level with some more suiting amplification. I have heard these gals hooked up to an Audio Analogue Maestro integrated, boy o boy… there is still ALLOT of headroom. :slight_smile:

I have fallen in love with these “upgraded” Accordos and have ordered them. The estimated delivery time is 3 months so while I wait I decided to post some pictures of these gorgeous pieces of “audible furniture”. Ow… it also allows me to research which amps to audition in the near future… Audio Analogue Maestro, Pass Labs INT-60, Primaluna EVO 300 hybrid, Accuphase E-480…. :slight_smile:

47 Likes