Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

Great ATC speakers!!!

2 Likes

Hi, it is an older HRS rack with HRS platforms. Very nice with the AMG

Did you also install mass loaded vinyl? It’s insanely effective, but my back twinges if I say those words out loud.

Yes on the MLV, and yes it is some heavy stuff. I set up a rig, 2 - 8 foot ladders with rings bolted on each. Put a cut down chain link fence post through the center of the roll and hung it from the top of the ladders. Takes some effort to get it up there but then just attach the MLV at the ceiling line with the MLV nails and let it unroll down the wall. Move the rig and do it again. Easier than trying to hold a 40 lb limp mass up with one hand and nail with the other.

1 Like

I did almost exactly the same thing! Great minds!

1 Like

17 Likes

Hey it’s great to see all the different environments for listening to music. Here’s my one:

First source for my music is my own music library, ~5400 songs in FLAC format (in CD or HiRes quality), stored on a Synology DiskStation DS112+, which is also a backup medium for our data. Second source is TIDAL, internet connection is 250 Mb/s via Cable, AVM Fritz 6490 as a router. First “output channel” is a LAN coupled Bluesound Node 2i, analog out to a Advance Paris X-i75 amp and Phonar Veritas P6 next loudspeakers. All electronics are located in the sideboard, amp remote works through the dark glass front. Also in there is a NUC8i3BEH as Roon Core (8GB memory, 256 GB SSD).

Second “output channel” (in the same room, but on the opposite side) is another Bluesound Node 2i coupled via WLAN, analog output to an Arcam rHead headphone amp, and finally an Audeze LCD-2 headphone. These components are built in a special designed rack and switch on/off by a remote controlled plug socket.

Also connected are 3 Teufel/Raumfeld WLAN speakers in the kitchen, the bathroom and the sleeping room for some background music as needed or as wake up radio in the morning. These components are not Roon Ready, so they are connected via Chromcast.

All cables are standard cables.

Roon control via mobile Galaxy S20 FE or tablet Galaxy Tab S6. Automatic backups of the Roon Database on NAS.

So all of them are mid-price components, but carefully selected. High performance and much musical pleasure for a reasonable amount of money and integrated with the furniture.

31 Likes

Show us the rest? :wink:

Lovely set up.

Not too much to show.

29 Likes

I like that you call this “not too much”.

2 Likes

Simple design yet incredible sound. What you can’t see is the Ansuz Mainz D2, Ansuz A2 PowerSwitch, assorted A2 power and interconnect cables, and the i7 NUC with a teddy Pardo LPS.

5 Likes

Teddy Pardo power supplies are amazing. I have a TeddyCap Plus which powers my Naim NAC 202 Pre and NAP 200DR. You chose well and a great service from Israel😁

2 Likes

What speakers are those?

Borreson O2 from Borreson Acoustics

4 Likes

Nice looking speakers.

Aavik equipment is very good & the Borresons are beautiful (another Franco Serblin inspired design) thanks for posting :pray:t4:

1 Like

I agree. I have a Teddy XPS into my Naim nDAC and a Teddycap into my Supernait3 (previously a Naim XS)

Oh my, those are some gorgeous loudspeakers!

I really like what you’ve done here.

7 Likes