Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021 .. 2022]

My beloved martin logan request.
With an dpa-1 pre with room correction from lyndorf.
Main amplifier home diy with UCD-700HG from hypex.
Roon core windows 10 with AO computer in a streacom db4 case with zeroflex psu.
Hqplayer computer windows 10 with AO in a streacom db4 case with hdplex audio-hifi power supply.
Connected via usb to regen usb filter then balanced to my lyngdorf dpa-1.
Kabels everything from audioquest.

18 Likes

Foto at present time.
Just finished the second build the hqplayer computer in db4 case.

And now relax and listening.

24 Likes

Martin Logans are superb. More please on DIY amp!

Gorgeous setup!

Love the Streacom DB4.

Very elegant. Love the speakers. I did get a chance to hear the Aavik at Axpona a few weeks back. Was impressed by the look and sound of the components.
Thanks for sharing.

Case is from italy .
This version is with the linieare psu.
Everything inside is connected with monster copper cables with a lot of ferriet kerns to
Prevent noise te bleed in to the audio path.

Sounds very good with the martin logans full control en lots of power.
Livelike soundstage with the spl’s to match.
You can give them full power no problem with the impedance of the loudspeaker.

My relatively simplified setup -
Server - Roon Core - Endpoint : Grimm MU1
Dac - Pre - Amp - Speakers : D&D 8C
Footers and supports : Auralex, Townshend Seismic Podium/Pods, Finite Elemente Pagoda
Power Conditioning : BT 600W conditioner / PS Audio PPP
Network : ER, Geisman Emperor Clock, Uptone JS2

32 Likes

Great looking system…Those tubes must emit a sweet glow at night…I just love those crazy Yello guys…I don’t listen to much EDM but I sure love these guys…made music for over 25-30 years and only recently performed their first concert!

Yes the glow at night from tubes is quite an allure. They are part of the Head-Fi rig, which sadly doesn’t get used much these days :disappointed_relieved:- Woo Wa5Le amp & Power supply ( built like a tank) driving Hifiman HEK V2’s
Yello they are very good my son loves listening to them

1 Like

Simplified but sweet.

I am considering a MU1, how do you like it?

Not sure it is a good idea to put a speaker in the shower room!

Anything that drowns out my shower singing can only be a good thing…

3 Likes

The MU1 for me just sounds excellent! With the ability to create and maintain an emotional connection with the music - goosebump inducing on well recorded/produced music. The MU1 in my instance replacing a Linn Klimax DS/3. In fact I was so impressed with the MU1 on home demo - I ordered one, overlooking the fact it does not have its own dac inside and limiting me not being able to use my HeadFi rig. I must sort out a stand-alone dac to run the HeadFi now. Although, I understand there is an MU2 in the development pipeline which will have Grimm’s own dac integrated into it. There is quite a detailed user thread over on Computer Audiophile discussing the MU1

3 Likes

I have a zone in my Bathroom (ceiling speakers). It’s wonderful to have decent sounding music while showering! Heck, my wife even has a zone (a squeezebox radio) in her walk-in closet room.

Errmmm, not sure you should be sharing where you keep your wife prisoner.

6 Likes

We recently moved, and I now have a larger room for my hi-fi. I also added a pair of REL 212s to smooth out the bottom end. It’s nirvana for me right now.

49 Likes

That is awesome. I am very envious, of the space and the set-up!

2 Likes

14 Likes

Here is mine.

There’s a Nucleus+ there serving my all Naim 500 Series system (ND555, 2x 555PS, NAC552, NAP500) with ChordMusic Interconnects, Naim SuperLumina Speaker Cable and Kudos Titan 808 Speakers. I also have a Naim Solstice Turntable. I use a Chord Network Switch, and it all sits on Naim Fraim racks.

It’s my pride and joy :blush:

58 Likes